ACSI books 2019 (1 Viewer)

RichyWHL

Free Member
Feb 12, 2018
Funster No
Newbie to ACSI, C&CC offer an extra international card for £5.50 to use as ID instead of passport. So I don't actually need this do I? Thanks

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Newbie to ACSI, C&CC offer an extra international card for £5.50 to use as ID instead of passport. So I don't actually need this do I? Thanks
I did have one the first year I went to France but the campsites all wanted to copy our passports. It does give you some sort of insurance I think but I can’t remember what it was as we haven’t bothered since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I did have one the first year I went to France but the campsites all wanted to copy our passports. It does give you some sort of insurance I think but I can’t remember what it was as we haven’t bothered since.
It appears to be a lottery.

In thirty years touring France we have never been asked for a passport if we presented the “Camping Carnet”.

In Spain many sites did require a passport when we visited in March/April this year.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The extra card is basically a Camping Carnet and provides 3rd party insurance to the site whilst you're on it. It's not a replacement for the discount card and you don't actually need it if you don't want/need it's benefits.

We always get it - it comes separately to the books etc. - and have found that sometimes ACSI sites accept it for the discount, or anyway assume we're entitled (think some education of site staff is needed!). Sometimes they'll hang on to it in lieu of passports, which we refuse to surrender, until you've paid for your stay. However it's more usual for the site to take a copy of the passports. We've actually got a few laminated copies of our passports which we carry with the originals safely locked away and often they're accepted.

Our style of traveling is such that although we don't use full sites as a rule, ACSI are useful when we need one occasionally for laundry etc., or feel like stopping for more than a few days in a nice spot. We always get the cost of the membership back over the year and it's rare we've been disappointed with a selection out of the books.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Not a problem buying the book in Spain as many places sell them, bought ours last week at Sanger Caravans near Cartagena.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Not a problem buying the book in Spain as many places sell them, bought ours last week at Sanger Caravans near Cartagena.
Thanks for the info
How much and was it the english version
Ta

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Got mine yesterday from ACSI. There's quite a few sites at 20euro I notice which is not much of a discount in many cases.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Got mine yesterday from ACSI. There's quite a few sites at 20euro I notice which is not much of a discount in many cases.
Many times we have been told, 'yes we take the ACSI card, but it is cheaper if you do not use it' !!
Ours has still not arrived, so I rang them again and spoke to a lady who assured me it had been sent some time ago.... She is sending a replacement with some urgency to be sure it would arrive before Christmas

thidwick

Free Member
May 8, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65HFL
Exp
Since 2015
Many times we have been told, 'yes we take the ACSI card, but it is cheaper if you do not use it' !
Well, we spent about 8 weeks in Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, and Luxembourg in May, June and July 2017, and saved a lot of Euros by using the ACSI card. Well worth it for that. The books are useful too for finding sites.
Having said that, I’ve never managed a saving in the uk by using the card, even on ACSI registered sites.
We’re off to the continent again in 2019, and expect to be saving again.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ordered a combi subscription from the ACSI webshop 25 November, its still showing as processing.
Worth ringing them then.
It shows as processing when it has been posted
Number is +31 488 471 434

Phoned them using Skype and the call cost 9p for 3 minutes

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Worth ringing them then.
It shows as processing when it has been posted
Number is +31 488 471 434

Phoned them using Skype and the call cost 9p for 3 minutes

They said it was posted last week and I should receive it this week. Worth the call to find out. I'll leave it until the new year and phone again if still not received.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Although we've generally found ACSI to be cheaper than the standard site rate, it's worth checking when you book in as sometimes they have offers. In Portugal the Orbitur chain offer a good deal if you use their sites all the time.

Not really studied the book yet but I'm not surprised about the €20 sites - it looks like more and more are going for the higher cost band each year, not sure what ACSI's criteria are.

However over the year we still save the cost of the books. Never bother in the UK though, there's only a small handful and they're never in places we want to go.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Got ours (In English) a couple of days ago from Camping Didota, Oropresa, nr Benicassim.
€17.95.

This link should show some of the places ACSI is available overseas...

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I just read this topic.
Our ACSI books turned up in last few days. As reported above, ours were rewrapped in a Royal mail plastic bag as “damaged before arrival in uk” and heavily water-damaged. Still very damp on opening. They’ve been sitting on a radiator, but one book especially is pretty well unusable.

On the positive side, I rang ACSI, and they immediately said they would send me another set. They were evidently well aware of the problem, so there must have been a lot of book sets affected. I wonder what happened........
Deck cargo on a submarine?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Bought mine from the reception on site €16.95 Never used ACSI before because we are always away from November and they don’t post books out untill December. I had some old books given to me about three years ago which were nice to have to look for sites. Looking through the new books it seems that a lot of the sites are the same price as if you don’t have ACSI comparing then to places we have stayed on other winter trips. We will see how we get on.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Many times we have been told, 'yes we take the ACSI card, but it is cheaper if you do not use it'
@Jaws . That would be a very useful addition. Could you please let us know these sites?
Many thanks.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Jaws . That would be a very useful addition. Could you please let us know these sites?
Many thanks.
Can’t help with your direct question but, when using ACSI out of season, we check the book price against the price advertised on the Site board outside.

We have found them to be the same price on occasion (not often) but, personally, never cheaper without the book unless for long stay discounts. We never stay too long one site as prefer to use the m/h to travel around.

In any case once you have made the comparison you will know which one to request.

OP
OP
L

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
There are 2 of us plus small dog and as yet have not found site rate to be cheaper than ACSI though sometimes there is very little in it.

An English friend who travels solo human plus dog sometimes finds kind receptionists who treats her dog as a second human, this often means site rate is cheaper.

FYI last March stayed 2 nights at Caceres and learned the hard way of the difference between ACSI and Easter rates, EUR 7 extra for night 2. My fault for not properly checking the dates but I do now.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There are 2 of us plus small dog and as yet have not found site rate to be cheaper than ACSI though sometimes there is very little in it.

An English friend who travels solo human plus dog sometimes finds kind receptionists who treats her dog as a second human, this often means site rate is cheaper.

FYI last March stayed 2 nights at Caceres and learned the hard way of the difference between ACSI and Easter rates, EUR 7 extra for night 2. My fault for not properly checking the dates but I do now.
Whilst in Slovakia last summer ( early ) we stopped at a site for two nights that was really nice.. Decided to stay a week but noticed the date would go beyond the discount period
Mentioned it to the lady at the desk who said no problem.. It is really still our low season so I will just charge you the same rate... When we left she gave us a ticket to say she would match the ACSI rate if we came back any time except August :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back