ACSI availability Jan to Easter ?? (1 Viewer)

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
We are planning a 9 month trip starting in Jan 2022 and have been looking at ACSI - never having used it before - to give us options as well as the usual Aires etc.

Looking at the website I can find no way of searching or filtering to identify which sites are open all year round. Any thoughts please on the percentage of ACSI sites that are actually available January until Easter, as I envisage that this is when we would most likely want to use formal campsites ?

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
We are planning a 9 month trip starting in Jan 2022 and have been looking at ACSI - never having used it before - to give us options as well as the usual Aires etc.

Looking at the website I can find no way of searching or filtering to identify which sites are open all year round. Any thoughts please on the percentage of ACSI sites that are actually available January until Easter, as I envisage that this is when we would most likely want to use formal campsites ?

Most will be closed... But when you are searching there will be a panel to put your desired dates in...

I suggest don't put in 1/1/2022 ==31/3/2022 . Put in smaller slots so you will see when sites start to open.

OP
OP
Skez
Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Most will be closed... But when you are searching there will be a panel to put your desired dates in...
Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I was just trying to gauge before I buy if the majority are open / or closed, as from Easter onwards we would almost exclusively wild or use Aires / Sostas / Stellplatze / whatever they are called in each country!!

Notwithstanding that I guess £18 is quickly recouped with only a couple of nights and it provides another option.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I was just trying to gauge before I buy if the majority are open / or closed, as from Easter onwards we would almost exclusively wild or use Aires / Sostas / Stellplatze / whatever they are called in each country!!

Notwithstanding that I guess £18 is quickly recouped with only a couple of nights and it provides another option.

I don't think you need to buy to use the search facility, though if you do buy it, it will come with an app... For £18 the cost will be recovered many times over...

Deleted User
The last time that I looked at the book the available dates for the discount were shown on each sites info section.
They still are.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
I've just been looking at the camping card acsi site for France, and when I enter March dates and it gives a resultset, if I then try booking the campsites are almost all closed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I guess it depends where you are going, but there are plenty of ACSI campsites open all year in the south and south-east Mediterranean region of Spain. Likewise on the Algarve in Portugal I think.

And for winter climate, that is where many prefer to be.

Also there are 126 sites in 12 countries that come under the heading 'Winter Sports' and therefore assume they're open at the time of year the OP is seeking.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back