ACSI 2010 Europe DVD (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Just to let you know the 2010 ACSI dvd arrived this morning and is up and running....just searching for the sites with sun and high temperatures:thumb:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Didn't send you 2 did they? Then send nasty E-Mail demanding it back.:Angry::Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian,

Just ordered the card from vicarious, but not the DVD.
Is "Netherlands" this site?
Link Removed

Cheers
John

If you click web shop they seem to be selling it to the UK.

https://webshop.acsi.eu/index.html?aff=2268&tid=2&lid=33

Whilst I was back in there I just ordered one. The tone of the Vicarious Books email means they don't deserve the business.

PS 30 seconds later and email acknowledgement of the order.

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I just cant bring myself to buy an acsi disc.

I have that many maps, travel guides, campsite books, foriegn language dictionaries and language guides that I just dont have the space to store them, nor do I have the time to read them........ Which way is North.

Jim

:roflmto:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
You'll not find them !

Vicarious are still flogging the 2009 one - did you buy from Netherlands ?

Sorry Brian your wrong on that one, I got mine this morning 2010 variety from vicarious:winky:

Lesley

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Vicarious seem to have a few different web sites, vicarious-shop, here is the 2010 DVD:
DVD 2010 ACSI UK & Europe
http://www.vicarious-shop.com/home.php?cat=2

and this old one still advertising the 2009 DVD but the 2010 ACSI book
Link Removed

Totally agree with Brian, I love the DVD, its so easy to find and filter using the DVD to winter campsites etc, much much quicker than using the book, and more sites listed on the DVD

Last edited:

FullTimeDreamer

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Funster No
Shame we have to buy from these rude people, they are the only ones that sell it:Angry::Angry:

Link Removed

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Does it show postcodes or GPS positions on DVD N&k?
Does it cover the South of France?

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi Mark

It definately has GPS positions as thats what we use, always accurate.

Yes, south of france covered, it has a full zoom in/zoom out map, built in route planner and can filter on lots of different things, e.g. a site that takes dogs, pay with credit card, by the sea, open in winter etc etc etc

I can check the DVD for postcodes if it helps?

N&K

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
You'll not find them !

Vicarious are still flogging the 2009 one - did you buy from Netherlands ?

My 2010 dvd arrived from Vicarious this morn-never found them rude-but I have ordered France Passion from France Passion direct.

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi everyone
If I buy the ASCI DVD, does this include the card to get the low season discount rates at the sites that offer them, or do I need to buy the book as well,
thanks
Violet

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Violet

As far as I know you have to buy them both. The Vicarious Books website states that the DVD does not come with the ACSI Camping Card.

Brisey.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

The DVD does not come with the Discount Card, albeit it does show the sites that accept the discount card, plus nearly 7000 more that don't accept the Discount Card, 8600 sites in total.

You can purchase them separately as if you are only interested in the discount Card Sites then there is no need to purchase the DVD, just purchase the ACSI Campingcard which comes with a small book showing all the sites that it can be used at, with Lat/Long positions.

You can search a similar way to the DVD on line at ACSI web site, so no need to purchase the DVD if you have a Internet link and use a Sat Nav as you can download the sites you have chosen direct to your Sat Nav for use.

While the DVD is a very good campsite listing with some useful features, we have so many campsite type guides already and a 2007 version of the DVD that together with the ability to search the ACSI site online, I find it very difficult to warrant purchasing it.

However the ACSI Campingcard is quiet another thing, it has been so useful and cost effective over the last 4 years I find it an invaluable accessory that i would not leave home without.

Hope that helps

Hi everyone
If I buy the ASCI DVD, does this include the card to get the low season discount rates at the sites that offer them, or do I need to buy the book as well,
thanks
Violet

betsy(tempo)

Free Member
Nov 8, 2009
North Bedfotdshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 Years
I already have the ASCI book and discount card. Can anyone please tell me, if I do decide to purchase the DVD, can I use the search feature, within the search engine, to specify dates in the search to see what sites are availabe at the cheaper rates for a given area in France.

Thanks
Colin

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Thanks for the information about the difference between the book/card and the DVD. We shall certainly buy the former and think about the latter. On our recent trip to France we seemed to pass so many closed sites that it makes sense to have info about which will be open off-season.
Violet

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
As far as I am concerned the ASCI DVD is well worth the money and although I have the 2009 one I have ordered the 2010 version.
As we set off for Spain at the end of the month I have been using the search facility to identify sites that are open during early February on two different routes through France.
I have sent a few e-mails out to see if they are open and I have had replies back from a few confirming that they are.

Mike

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

You can search for the opening dates for those sites that are included in the Campingcard scheme here:-

Link Removed

Just click on "Holiday Period"

You can do a similar search on the 2007 DVD/CD so i really don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to do it on the 2010 version.

Its always worth double checking before you are going to travel as some of these sites will just close if they aren't getting the trade, or for a variety of other reasons

Hope that helps

Thanks for the information about the difference between the book/card and the DVD. We shall certainly buy the former and think about the latter. On our recent trip to France we seemed to pass so many closed sites that it makes sense to have info about which will be open off-season.
Violet

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Europe DVD

Please can I pick your brains since you seem to know lots about this disk. I have a netbook and don't really want to take an optical disk reader in the van. Is it possible to download the whole disk contents to the hard drive, or if that's not possible, to a flash disk? What size is the disk contents?

Many thanks

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please can I pick your brains since you seem to know lots about this disk. I have a netbook and don't really want to take an optical disk reader in the van. Is it possible to download the whole disk contents to the hard drive, or if that's not possible, to a flash disk? What size is the disk contents?

Many thanks

Yes

2.94G

PS 3.76G once it's expanded onto the HD.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back