Acrylic Window cleaning — score lines (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I really don't get what the issue is with what I'm saying ... no one is making you do it, no one is making the OP do it, they will do it however they want - I know it worked but I cannot say why the others who have done it ended up with a 'bad' result as I wasn't there watching them.

So tell me what is the real issue you have ... is it because we use something that we've found works for us or simply that we haven't spent money on something proprietary to do it? 🤔

One thing we do agree about is Facebook! :giggle:
I wonder if the point of the on going discussion is that, on a widely read forum, if you’re going to suggest using toothpaste on a scratch - when there is evidence for good AND bad results - the exact brand and type needs to be mentioned. 🤷‍♂️
Then the OP doesn’t have as big a risk of making the scratch worse.

But that’s only my idea.

Deleted User
I wonder if the point of the on going discussion is that, on a widely read forum, if you’re going to suggest using toothpaste on a scratch - when there is evidence for good AND bad results - the exact brand and type needs to be mentioned. 🤷‍♂️
Then the OP doesn’t have as big a risk of making the scratch worse.

But that’s only my idea.
Yes, as you say there will be different evidence and opinions on most topics on this forum and not always bad to have disagreements or to put other points of view.

OP
OP
PG’s trips
Aug 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Coachbuilt
After researching and reading used the QUIXX Acrylic cream on the four windows. Excellent results. Took a few hours, used cream only, not the abrasive paper. For £10 a year well worth it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Just be aware that some tinted acrylic windows, the tint is an applied film on the surface, So repeated polishing or cutting too deep will remove the tint or leave it patchy

OP
OP
PG’s trips
Aug 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Coachbuilt
Good point, once a year polish probably enough rather than regularly, live with searches in between.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I think I’d use Fenwicks & your example, PG’s trips for repairs only.
And just wash at other times.

Wyvern

Free Member
Nov 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs i7150 esprit
Exp
Since 2018
As we have a 4x4 we get off the beaten track and so we had our windows covered in venture shield. Cost us £200 for 4 windows....no change in the optics and protects against all scratches so far.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
As we have a 4x4 we get off the beaten track and so we had our windows covered in venture shield. Cost us £200 for 4 windows....no change in the optics and protects against all scratches so far.
Can this be applied to Curved edge windows?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is that supply only and you fitted it or supply and fit by someone?

Were the acrylic windows new when applied?

How have you found it, is it difficult to apply, do you have to warm the product ogle the window beforehand?

Wyvern

Free Member
Nov 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs i7150 esprit
Exp
Since 2018
Is that supply only and you fitted it or supply and fit by someone?

Were the acrylic windows new when applied?

How have you found it, is it difficult to apply, do you have to warm the product ogle the window beforehand?
Fittings was easy....I asked a bloke who knew what he was doing. £200 all in. The film was fitted about a week after picking up the van. I was considering having the sides coated as well but was about £1300. Usually done for expensive cars...Porsche and the like. 18 months down the line still good. I am glad I got a professional to do it as there are some complex shapes and I didn’t want to see the film. If I didn’t tell you it was fitted, you wouldn’t know. What is even more impressive is the the film is self healing so when it gets scratched the mark disappears in warm weather or warmed with a hair dryer....impressive stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back