Across Austria avoiding tolls ...over 3.5T (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I found Austria very frustrating or rather my Sat Nav in Austria. I had no intention of going near a motorway so didn't get a Go Box. Endured Sat Nag screaming at me continually about being overweight on 3.5 ton limit roads when juggernauts were going by in either direction. Love the country and the scenery, just turn down or switch off the nagging Sat Nav and if stopped point to all the juggernauts passing you by.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'd heard that the Wurzen pass is quite difficult and could be a struggle for motorhomes. How was it for you?!

Did I go through that way...? Had a quick look on maps and guess I did, looks like a lush green valley...

From some of these posts Im beginning to think that I must be mad to go across Austria or a stunt driver with nerves of steel.....:ROFLMAO::LOL:

However, it does take a fair bit to get me anxious on the road and I see road trips as an adventure.....

To be honest, Sharp does get very anxious about some roads and she wasn’t bothered about Austria and said going along the coast of Spain was worse....

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Ok. lets assume that I don't want to use motorways but do want to use the Karawanken tunnel. I believe I can enter the A11 on the junction before the toll booths and exit at the first junction on the other side. But which junctions are they? There are minor road junctions as well. Is it the junction of the A11 and the 85? And how about the exit in Slovenia? Just trying to cover all the bases.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure about the Austrian side, as I always use & pay for the Motorway, but you can turn off at Jesenice on the Slovene side....

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Here I come cap in hand with an apology for duff information . I stated elsewhere on this thread that i understood you no longer need to upload your documents to ASFINAG based on info I was given at point of sale. I now know that is inaccurate and C of C needs to be uploaded, faxed or posted to the ASFINAG. You now have 28 days from purchase. I am also informed that you can now do all this from u k and collect go box from any sales outlet. Website to use (new to me) is www.go-maut.at and use the self care portal. My apologies if any info I gave has mislead, if it's any consolation I missed the 28 days and am currently trying to rescue the situation.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Registered in the UK and got confirmation email. Got my Go box at the border but the guy was not interested that I had pre registered. Just looked at our documents. I hope the system can join the two together!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back