Acronis True Image and Registry Mechanic (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had always relied on Windows software for backing up, thought there was no need for third party software until I decided to reformat.. I spend hours and hours trying to get everything back to normal, so, taking Jim's advice, (Thanks Jim) see post Link Removed and doing a little research of my own bought Acronis True Image 09 ..
Acronis backup software and recovery services in UK. Complete hard disk drive copy, cloning and image backup software: computer files and disk copying

Of course the proof of the pudding will be in the eating but it certainly looks like the dogs danglies of 'back up' software.. but only time will tell.

As a belt and braces approach I then went looking for a utility that would keep the lappy running sweet, (prevention is always better than cure in my book no matter how good the back up is,) and bought PC Registry Mechanic.
Registry Mechanic - Registry Cleaner, Free Registry Repair Software
You can download a limited version to try before purchasing the full blown, so far I am very impressed. Since running Mechanic applications run much smoother, with fewer hangs.. and no more blue screen of death ( I hope) :Sad:

Quote:
A good registry cleaner will automatically scan and fix almost any problems that result from an error or corruption in the registry. This could include all or some of the following:

* Speed Lost Over Time
* Computer Freezing
* System Crashes
* Windows Errors

* Blue Screen of Death
* Slow Internet Speeds
* DLL/Shell Errors
* Hardware Malfunctions

* System32 Errors
* Windows Explorer Errors
* Slow Performance
* Runtime Errors

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Morning Jim,

Definately go along with your opinion of Acronis.

My Dad has it on his pc and it's save many a remote session to get him up and running again.:RollEyes:

Evaluating regcure here at the moment but have used Registry Mechanic in the past and found , as you do, the PC runs smoother and faster with it..:thumb:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim, you wont be disappointed with Acronis Truimage, it has literally saved me hundreds of hours in work that might otherwise been lost by getting a PC back to where it was before disaster struck.

Anyone who is happy with the speed & performance of their PC right now should backup with Acronis. Then if disaster strikes, or should that be when it strikes, you can restore your PC to exactly as it now in just a few minutes. ::bigsmile:

Its really cheap Link Removed at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back