ACOPS / STGW GAS WITH REFERENCE TO CARAVANS & MOTORHOMES (1 Viewer)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
It certainly seems like you are being given some bad advice from people who don’t understand how the refillable system actually works.
How is the Calor cylinder going to fill when there are shut off valves on both cylinders then you have the 80% cut off valve that stops filling and then you have NRV’s in the tee or gauge etc and you often also have NRV’s in the pigtails.
Read the section about backfeeding

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
He has 30 years of experience and will not give you gas if both bottles are joined up. The red bottle is not 80% protected for over fill. He will look inside your gas locker and will refuse to serve you. He's a really nice guy and took a long time to explain why it was unsafe.
There's something inherently wrong with this 'experienced' guy's thinking! It appears he's assuming that there is a way that the non-user refillable cylinder can be filled in the way he's 'concerned' about - I've never heard of such a situation and have been on forums for around 20 years and have had refillable systems since 2009.

... Mechanical Valves and regulators do 'let by' and can suffer from wear.
... If your ordinary gas bottle valve is 'letting by' then the bottle will be over filled.
... This valve allows connection of two bottles at the regulator.
... If the secondary ordinary bottle valve 'is' left open it will be over filled when the gaslow bottle is 80% full.
There is no pipe which goes directly from the refillable bottle to the ordinary bottle. For the issue that you and the 'really nice guy' suggest to actually happen, at the very least the refillable bottle isolator would have to be left open or fail, the NRV in the t-piece would have to fail, AND the one in the non-refillable bottle would have to be faulty too ... is this really a likely scenario???? I doubt it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Campervan_man

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Having Spoken to Gaslow today the Yellow bottle or yellow bottles should be turned off when filling to protect the regulator when filling and an ordinary gas bottle can be fitted as well as one yellow gaslow bottle.
I have been given duff information by an LPG Supplier in Congleton with 30 years experience that refused to supply LPG to a fleet of 30 Brand new Motorhomes with above system fitted.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Having Spoken to Gaslow today the Yellow bottle or yellow bottles should be turned off when filling to protect the regulator when filling and an ordinary gas bottle can be fitted as well as one yellow gaslow bottle.
I have been given duff information by an LPG Supplier in Congleton with 30 years experience that refused to supply LPG to a fleet of 30 Brand new Motorhomes with above system fitted.
No one doubted your good intentions, but if I were you I'd be pushing for your £750 back, when for fifteen pounds we could have give you the same information :) (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know where you live but mentioned Congleton, if you live near there this is the guy you want to ask about gas ,done it all his life and father before him.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well done for getting the info direct from Gaslow to confirm what we were all saying, it takes b*lls to do this so good on ya!

Now, when are you going to go and remove the b*lls of the so called 'experts' who gave you the duff info? :) I'm sure we could arrange a MHF Rally there so we can all have a front row seat! ::bigsmile:

Oh, the ONLY good thing is that he won't be getting any business from the MH dealer so he's cut his own nose off! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back