Acknowledgement (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Advice given, taking a lot of time and not even an acknowledgement............ Just plain rude.

yes, and it happens on here.. very annoying ..
I've spent countless hours looking up sites, routes, aires, technical info and take time to try an explain.. most are very thankful.. others you may be lucky if you get an acknowledgement.

but, I have come to accept that you may not always get a reply.. it only shows up the original poster.. you and I have done our bit ... so I just move on.. life is too short to stress over others rudeness.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
After a set time of inactivity, (I think it is 30mins or it may be 60) .. the site logs you off.

PMs.
You are notified both on-site and by email, so even if logged out you get the Email .. as a matter of courtesy I try to reply as soon as convenient.

After a set time of inactivity, (I think it is 30mins or it may be 60) .. the site logs you off.

PMs.
You are notified both on-site and by email, so even if logged out you get the Email .. as a matter of courtesy I try to reply as soon as convenient.

You only get the email notification if you have that option ticked in your contact details info

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks everyone for your replies, maybe I'm just too sensitive. I did however get a reply to my PM question last night, whether as a result of my post or not I don't know but am happy :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It is much the same as people who come on the forum, ask a question and then don't bother even following up after everyone else has gone to the trouble of digging out information and posting it up. It can be quite annoying - but it takes all sorts to make the world and some are more respectful and considerate than others
This is the one that's bugs me, couldn't care less if they blank me personly but why come on here and ask a question, then totally disappear , maybe the reinstatement of the thanks button would help, they could at least acknowledge they had received the info even if they didn't want to reply.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
well ive just replied to a pm from 6 weeks ago hadnt noticed the little red thinggy , my browser opens with multiple tabs so it will appear im online but i might not look at motorhome fun

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
I wouldn't even know how to send a pm from here?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I wouldn't even know how to send a pm from here?

you would long and weary to find a PM button.. there isn't one .. it's called 'Start a conversation'

click on the persons avatar .. then click on 'start a conversation'.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
This is the one that's bugs me, couldn't care less if they blank me personly but why come on here and ask a question, then totally disappear , maybe the reinstatement of the thanks button would help, they could at least acknowledge they had received the info even if they didn't want to reply.
There are a few serial offenders.....

Gradually they will see that many people will simply ignore their requests

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
you would long and weary to find a PM button.. there isn't one .. it's called 'Start a conversation'

click on the persons avatar .. then click on 'start a conversation'.

Thanks ScotJimland, I wondered how to do it, should I ever need to.(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Although I spend a lot of time on here I do get absolutely dozens of e-mails a day.. Sometimes if a PM is not that urgent or requires an answer other than something like '' thanks or yes.. ( you know the sort of thing :) ) I may not reply for 24 hours or so...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back