Pixie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Funster No
MH
Ace
Exp
I have just purchased an Ace Genova 2005 motorhome to replace my 1999 Swift Royal 610. Can anyone give me any feedback, good or bad on the Ace please.

Many thanks

cushybutterfield

Free Member
Aug 28, 2009
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Ace Milano

Hi Pixie
We have an Ace Milano 2005, we picked her up from new and headed straight for Northern Spain for 5 weeks and had not a bit of bother::bigsmile: very happy with it. Up to now we have had no problems, touch wood:Eeek: We have had her in the heat, Snow, (Aviemore) and floods in the lake District and she has coped with it all, one of the most comfortable vans we have had, we are about to give her a leather make-over, not because she is worn, we have a husky that sheds twice a year and we are tired of having hairy pants (hair doesnt stick to leather:thumb:) so we are off to Tockfield at the end sept. No Engine problems either, great. It has the most spacious lounge, very comfy, l think we will be keeping this one for a long time::bigsmile:
Best wishes. cushybutterfield

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi, check the floor area underneath.There are reports (lots) that around that time Swift have had problems with rotting floors.Apparently they did not seal the sides to the floor or the skirts to the van,letting water run down the side rotting the floor :Eeek: Apart from that I quite like them :thumb:Nearly bough one.
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pixie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Funster No
MH
Ace
Exp
Many thanks for your replies. Very helpful. It's had a full damp and hapitation inspection and everything is OK thank goodness.

robandy69

Free Member
Nov 14, 2009
Funster No
hi there

have also just purchased 2005 ace genova and are picking up this friday ,we have part exchanged with our 2003 fiat swift sundance and would also appreciate any comments from other ace genova owners or pixie have you picked your vehicle up yet
cheers andrew & robert:Smile:

OP
OP
P

Pixie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Funster No
MH
Ace
Exp
Swift Genova

Hi there

I picked up my ACE Genova on 26 September and have used it for four week-ends, Ashdown Forest, Lingfield, New Forest and Kent. Very pleased with it. Very well insulated, pleased with layout, although the bed is slightly smaller than my Royal. All in all a very good van.

:thumb:

Apr 23, 2018
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Chris Higgs
Exp
Swift Ace Genova 2005. 3 years
We bought our first motor home a 2005 Genova in August last year (Private sale). Unfortunately, we found 2 months down the line, due to a slight reversing accident, that the floor had gone on the left hand side. Turned out to be too big a job for oneself as both sides were rotten. This is now about to cost us the best part of £8.5k as the body had to come off and a complete new floor installed together with a replacement shower tray. Guy we bought it off hasn't a pot to pee in so its basically down to our lack of experience. I would advise any new buyers to take someone who knows with you. One good thing is that we will have a solid motor home at the end of it all

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_114952.jpg
    IMG_20191128_114952.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20191128_115743.jpg
    IMG_20191128_115743.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 46
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Wow that's an expensive mistake.
I hope you have many years of trouble free motorhome travels from now on (y)

Another ten year old post resurrected

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back