Accordo 120 rear view Camera cable run (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Got a problem with the rear view camera. The screen has recently turned blue on both channels - all other functions of the screen work. It's been suggested that the cable between the camera and the screen may have been damaged or unplugged somehow. Does anyone have any idea what route the cable takes, on a 120, from the camera to the screen? This event happened suddenly as it was working when I left the house on a warm up run but turned blue in within a couple of hundred yards. I want to try a bit of DIY fault finding first.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There shouldn't be any joints between the one at the camera and possibly at a junction/control box near the dash otherwise directly at the monitor so the route won't matter.
If there's only a single wire at the monitor there will be a control box close by.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
On our Adrian there were two connectors just inside the rear wall, one for each channel.
Then, under the moulding in the driver’s door step another pair of connectors that divided the signals before the monitor. As above, the cable run was one wire.

Hope you sort it.

OP
OP
Dramfineday
Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
I would check out the monitor first,odd that both channels are blue.
There's remote that goes with this monitor and both it and the manual controls on the monitor switch features on and off and up and down....could be the video chip I suppose. Argh.
There shouldn't be any joints between the one at the camera and possibly at a junction/control box near the dash otherwise directly at the monitor so the route won't matter.
If there's only a single wire at the monitor there will be a control box close by.
I'll have a dig around the dash area and see if I can spot anything

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have an Ellidis 125, (Marquis version).

When we collected it the dealers apologised, saying that during the PDI they had found that the rear view camera was faulty. Only the blue screen showed.

They replaced the camera, under warranty. It lasted five weeks, then the blue screen of death reappeared. It seems that there was a faulty batch.

Our third camera is working well, hopefully not one of the faulty batch.

I would suggest that you have the camera itself checked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dramfineday
Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
We have an Ellidis 125, (Marquis version).

When we collected it the dealers apologised, saying that during the PDI they had found that the rear view camera was faulty. Only the blue screen showed.

They replaced the camera, under warranty. It lasted five weeks, then the blue screen of death reappeared. It seems that there was a faulty batch.

Our third camera is working well, hopefully not one of the faulty batch.

I would suggest that you have the camera itself checked.
I haven't been inclined to do anything yet to investigate it due, in part, to the cold weather, the dealership being closed and having nowhere to go at the moment. Thanks for the heads up regarding the faulty batch. Good bit of info that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back