Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all,
Just stumbled across the site ‘motorhomefun’ whilst surfing the web for motorhome comparisons
I’m semi retired and my wife and I exchanged our caravanning hats for a motorhome hat in 2019 buying a Bailey Autograph 79-4t at the February NEC show taking delivery in June that year, although due to the covid situation we haven’t been using it as much as we would have liked, when we did use it the real world as opposed to the shiny show world crept in and bit us in the ar** so to speak, lounging was not that comfortable so have decided to change to a rear lounge front dinette arrangement in the Swift Escape 674, hope we’re not making another mistake, are Swift motorhomes alright do members have any issues more than other manufacturers, are Brownhills at Newark any better or worse than other dealers
Comments and advice welcomed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Swift have improved quality.
Brownhills have improved everything.
It's commonly accepted your 3rd van will be the one you wish you'd bought first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Excaliber
Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
Swift have improved quality.
Brownhills have improved everything.
It's commonly accepted your 3rd van will be the one you wish you'd bought first.
Thanks papajohn your not the first to say it takes 3 changes to find the right one, is that the same with partners!!!! I must have been lucky on that

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
:pink: To fun our first van was an escape 686 loved it changed after about 5 years to enable us to carry a motorbike have missed the you and me space ever since, but compromise is always the name of the game. Only issue if you can call it that was no outside accessible locker for the things we now keep in the garage.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! :)

Some random thoughts...

A factor worth considering is where and when you plan to use the MH. If you think you might be using it in the depths of winter say in Scotland or the Alps then a fully winterized MH made probably in France or Germany would probably be better.

Are you going to use it off grid? If so check there is the space on the roof for plenty of solar panels, 200W minimum but 300W+ is better. Also check you have room for at least two leisure batteries if they are not already fitted, you want 200Ah+.

Some MHs have enormous overhangs at the rear, check the ground clearance in this case but the sort of places we go I wouldn't want one like this anyway.

Payload is a poo trap. If the specification states a certain payload but only with limited fresh water on board then personally I would walk away. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Excaliber
Apr 24, 2021
Sleaford, UK
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbui
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks DBK solar panels and battery upgrade is easily sorted later I’m happy for now with the 100w standard panel, I will be going with the chassis upgrade at point of order to increase payload, I also tow using an A frame or 4 wheeled trailer depending on what we’re taking with us or where we are going
We had a short spell over New Year 2020 in the Bailey and had no trouble with being cold

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back