Accident on A55: motorhome and car involved. (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/accident-a55-near-llanddulas-motorhome-6139919

van1-6140616.jpg

Three people were rushed to hospital after a two vehicle smash on the A55 near Abergele this afternoon.

Police were contacted at 1.34pm after a Peugeot and a camper van hit each other at the A547 junction.

Traffic was backed up for more than a mile as both lanes were blocked by the overturned camper van.

Two ambulances rushed to the scene along with a rapid response vehicle.

A 19-year-old woman and two other patients was taken to Glan Clwyd Hospital to be treated for minor injuries.

North Wales Fire & Rescue sent two vehicles, one from Abergele and one from Colwyn Bay, who made the camper van safe and checked none of the people involved were trapped.
Both lanes were open re-opened at 3pm after the camper van had been righted and removed from the road.

Geoff Edkins, who passed the scene of the accident at about 2pm, said: “The camper van was on its side with a number of cars scattered around it, completely blocking both lanes.
“The police were there, the fire service were just arriving and the ambulance was at the back of the queue trying to get through the cars, which were having to get out of the way.

“Both lanes were filled with cars for about a mile but, judging by the cars which were heading in that direction, it would have got a lot longer.”

He added: “It was about the size of a Transit van or a bit bigger. It was still in one piece but it looked enormous on its side. I think it will take some shifting but I hope everyone's OK.”

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
That was the side it fell over on JJ!!! :Doh:

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
looks like its the left hand side (uk passenger side) that took the hit and fell to the floor.

Hope everyone is okay

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Good advert for the company .

Its stayed in very good order considering it was over on the left hand side.

Not sure a lot of MH would be in as goid a state 1fter going over on a Motorway.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Yes it is an Autosleeper Clubman, S reg I believe, it was on another site at the weekend,says alot for Autosleepers in my opinion, must be strong.

There is a video on YouTube.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Looks like the one the police were looking for in connection with the missing woman (murdered ?). Remember the search on the A19 near Thirsk, North Yorks. :winky:

Anyway, I am glad no one was seriously hurt.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back