Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This one has been really annoying me for ages. In the wardrobe of my 783F is a green connector block. In the manual it is described as an accesories socket. It consists of 4 connections that are described as Aux 1, Earth, Aux 2 and 12V signal after start up. The manual shows a plug that fits this socket, but I can't seem to source it anywhere.

I am thinking of installing a satellite dish and, reading the installation manual for the dish, I will have to make connection to 12V supply and to terminal 15 of the ignition to ensure that the unit folds up when the ignition is switched on. If the accessories socket can provide these connections without having to run new cable it would make life a lot easier.

Any help gratefully received!

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
a picture of said socket could do a whole lot of good here

OP
OP
E

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks. I'll try to get one from Rapido manual.

Van is away at the moment having a birthday so can't pop outside with the iPhone!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have to confess that I am very stupid........the plug for this socket was in the socket all along!! Picture attached.

However, second question is, if I fit an automatic satellite dish does this plug provide the connection to the ignition that I need to ensure that it is powered down on startup.

The terminals are marked as +Aux 1, +Aux 2, Ground, D+

Attachments

• optimised-0452.jpg
    optimised-0452.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 40

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Why not ask these guys? I have no knowledge of them, or of Rapidos, but I'm sure I have seen Wokingham Motorhomes referred to before as UK experts in the marque.

< Broken Link Removed >

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
from what you have described, yes this connector should be fine to use for the satellite system. It would be neccesary to check the readings at the plug first though with a multimeter. Very simple to do, and if you have the required skills to fit the satellite system, you should be easily able. otherwise just ask

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have one of these strange things in my wardrobe too. The plug was in the plastic bag with the manual so is obviously supplied with the van by Rapido. I assume from its position that it is for a satellite system (which I don't have not being a telly addict) but a meter will soon show which pins are live and when.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back