Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hobby Toskana Exclusive D690 H GFLC

I have a water pipe leak.

Filled the freshwater tank up after the winter.

Started the pump up and the tap cleared itself and worked okay.

Started the water heating side of things attached to the 230v supply.

After a few minutes the pump started again and water started flooding from the back of the motorhome where the shower compartment joins the access to the rear bed.

Assuming a pipe has burst.

How do I get access to see or repair, is there any way in through the rear garage?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Are you sure it's not the boilers dump valve emptying? Maybe it's tripped during some colder weather. Not sure of your van so no idea where boiler is or if it's near to where you are seeing the water empty.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
Sorry for the tardy response, no it’s not the dump valve, that empties to ground by the passenger side rear wheel.

The water flows across the floor inside the motorhome from the back.

i can’t see how to get access easily

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
Nope, it’s coming from between the base of the shower and the rear bed platform

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
my bessacar has a small panel screwed to outside of shower wall under bed with the pipes behind it I had got a small leak possibly from shower tap or a joint that had pushed apart due frost damage due to previous owner not draining down over winter,(had already had to fit a new kitchen tap because it was leaking) fitted a new shower tap just in case and new push fit fittings and been fine since

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Some pictures of both the shower and the surrounding areas. Might help all my shower panels appear to be screwed on so I assume they come off for acces

Upvote 0

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I have a Hobby Van Exclusive. The shower layout etc looks similar.
From the toilet cassette locker you can remove a panel that gives access to some of the pipe work below the bathroom cupboard.
Worse case scenario would be to see if you can identify both ends of the problem pipe and cut it and tie on a draw wire so that you can pull it out and pull in a new one.
Good luck
edit.
Heres a photo I took when I replaced my shower tray showing the panel I can remove. It is fiddly.
3376DB58-9C2C-4501-A601-318E43B75DB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
From the toilet cassette locker you can remove a panel that gives access to some of the pipe work below the bathroom cupboard.
Worse case scenario would be to see if you can identify both ends of the problem pipe and cut it and tie on a draw wire so that you can pull it out and pull in a new one.
Good luck
edit.
Heres a photo I took when I replaced my shower tray showing the panel I can remove. It is fiddly.
View attachment 404617
Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
Good luck
edit.
View attachment 404617
Thanks

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Its probably a connector come loose off the back of the taps, there should be a square access panel usually white in colour that looks like its bonded in, its not its held on with velcro, if you remove this you can access the tap connectors and re do up the connection and put a jubilee clip on fo belt and braces. Its the hot cold lack of use that makes the connection loose. Its not uncommon in certain Hobby M/homes and Caravans

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
7a621dd3-4f23-409e-9b2c-cedb2fb7b6de-jpeg.404628

Attachments

• 7A621DD3-4F23-409E-9B2C-CEDB2FB7B6DE.jpeg
    7A621DD3-4F23-409E-9B2C-CEDB2FB7B6DE.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I can see the problem ... your toilet's on its side.:giggle:

Sorry, I'm in a silly mood this morning. Hope you get it fixed soon.

BTW I had a problem years back with a leak that I couldn't trace and it turned out to be a cracked hose connection at the pump (not immediately obvious from where the water was emerging in the van) so think outside the box a bit before you start stripping everything out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
Couldn’t work out how to rotate the picture lol

thanks for the help

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When we had a sprung joint where the hot water leaves the boiler the water appeared under one of the galley cupboards - the boiler is in the garage and the water had run down the pipe, all the way under the bed and behind the fridge before it dripped and puddled. I was convinced it was a tap that was leaking!!!!

What I am trying to say is start at one end and trace the leak using tissue as a telltale (loo paper or kitchen roll will do)....... dry a section of pipe and put the telltales at each end of the dry section - you will see which becomes wet and you then know which direction to investigate further.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Sympathise with your problem but I seem to recall that Hobby did have some issues with leaking water pipes. A friend had one a few years ago and it appeared that the pipes were cut too short so once the vibrations started they worked loose. If i remember correctly they were "push fit" connectors. Could be worth a quick call to one of the Hobby dealers for guidance as to how to access water pipes. I understand E S Hartley are quite helpful..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Seddon
Dec 31, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 690
Exp
I’m a newbie
Sympathise with your problem but I seem to recall that Hobby did have some issues with leaking water pipes. A friend had one a few years ago and it appeared that the pipes were cut too short so once the vibrations started they worked loose. If i remember correctly they were "push fit" connectors. Could be worth a quick call to one of the Hobby dealers for guidance as to how to access water pipes. I understand E S Hartley are quite helpful..
Thanks, will do

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back