LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Interesting idea but was the door catch designed to take the weight and is it worth the risk of causing damage? The door catch maybe up to the job but the step thing could apply a lot of leverage so could the force cause the van bodywork to be deformed or could the bolts get ripped out? Any damage could leave you stranded if you couldn't shut the door.

IMG_20200506_204027.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
No likey

likey...
AutoBaBa Multi-Purpose 3.8M Aluminium Portable Telescopic Ladder DIY Extendable A-Frame Ladder Extension Steps 150KG Amazon product ASIN B07C96YXVX

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, must admit, does seem a bit of a risk of damaging the door locking “loop” or door frame though the loop does look very strong and I suppose they are tested to well in excess of my body weight, be interesting to know if anyone on here had used one? I do wish I had room for Boris7’s ladder ? so any other ideas for access, a pretty common problem?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
No likey

likey...
AutoBaBa Multi-Purpose 3.8M Aluminium Portable Telescopic Ladder DIY Extendable A-Frame Ladder Extension Steps 150KG Amazon product ASIN B07C96YXVX
I bought some of these about 18 months ago, not used them a lot so they are like new. A few days ago I used them in ladder mode to get on the garage roof, I noticed them bending in the middle a lot. On the way back down one of the hinges gave way when I got to the middle ? scared the shite out of me. Very fortunately the other hinge held fast and I continued down. Looking at the hinge when I got down, it hadn't snapped or broken in any way, it's like a chunky bit of metal that goes into a slot to lock it and it just unlocked itself ?

There is no way on earth I would go up them again, if they would have folded... Well it doesn't bear thinking about.
Be extremely wary of these.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yes, must admit, does seem a bit of a risk of damaging the door locking “loop” or door frame though the loop does look very strong and I suppose they are tested to well in excess of my body weight, be interesting to know if anyone on here had used one? I do wish I had room for Boris7’s ladder ? so any other ideas for access, a pretty common problem?
Have you got room underneath the van? I put some single telescopic ladders under ours with unistrut and home made clamps.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Unfortunately not, too many tanks - water, waste, gas, and spare.
OK then. Put a roof rack on and use ladder clamps. (y)
Oh hang on, how do you get up to get them down?:doh::giggle:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
You could fix some aluminium channel on the back of the van, bit like the bike racks are Fastened on, and clamp ladders to that using zebs and M10 rod ??

OP
OP
Chris CM

Chris CM

Free Member
Jan 28, 2019
S.E.Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL PVC
Exp
Since 2015
OK then. Put a roof rack on and use ladder clamps. (y)
Oh hang on, how do you get up to get them down?:doh::giggle:

You could fix some aluminium channel on the back of the van, bit like the bike racks are Fastened on, and clamp ladders to that using zebs and M10 rod ??

At this rate it’s going to end up looking like a builders van! ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back