Access to 2009 Ducato Ignition Switch wiring (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I want to access the wiring loom going to the ignition switch on my Ducato. Is anyone able to give me any hints how to remove the plastic casing around the steering wheel?
I can see a few screws that need to be removed, but don't want to damage any clips by forcing them.
Thanks, John.

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
There are 4 Allen key screws holding it on but you have to remove the lower trim first 2 screws hold that on later ones are torx screws t30 I think , can't remember size of Allen key

OP
OP
Revolvor
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
@wizza Thanks for that information. I am always wary of damaging things when I remove dashboard trim on vehicles. I will look for the two torx screws.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
What are you attempting to do when you say access to wiring loom. Depending on age of MH most have a CanBus and you use a separate small electronic device that listens to the CanBus and works out what's going on. These small devices can output signals for lights, ignition, handbrake, speed pulse etc. If you just try and pick up a live feed you may upset the ECU. I removed the radio on mine 2016 Ducato this gave all sorts of agro. Started off with speedometer flashing. Once that was sorted by FIAT Proffesional and their computer and our system was told it didn't have a radio the date and time function on the menu button appeared but the steering wheel controls stopped working. Took them a couple of days to get it all sorted as FIAT could not understand why you need steering wheel controls without their radio. We finally managed to convince them that we did and they sent the codes to get them working.

All that so I could just remove their rubbish SatNav and put my own in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back