accesing mifi (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we bought a vodaphone mifi when it was reccomeneded on here i thought i had unlocked it but when i tried to use it with a 3 sim it wouldnt work brendan looked at it for me at chester and he came to the conclusion it wasnt unlocked
i purchased a new unlock code but i cant get into the menu to enter the code
i connect it to my computer and type in 192.168.1.1 but it just times out

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Try 192.168.0.1
I assume you have connected to the MiFi's Wi-Fi signal before doing this?

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
Try 192.168.0.1
I assume you have connected to the MiFi's Wi-Fi signal before doing this?
youve lost me there the old vodaphone sim is dead ie no data left and i cant do anything with the three sim
?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
youve lost me there the old vodaphone sim is dead ie no data left and i cant do anything with the three sim
?
Now I'm confused! :)
Turn on mifi and then connect to it. How you do this depends on what you are using, but you should be able to scan for networks somehow. Find the MiFi and connect, which will require a password. This might be under the cover or written in the instructions somewhere. Some even show it on a front lcd screen.
When connected power up your browser and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 or whatever the instructions say.
You should then be able to access the menu.

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
Now I'm confused! :)
Turn on mifi and then connect to it. How you do this depends on what you are using, but you should be able to scan for networks somehow. Find the MiFi and connect, which will require a password. This might be under the cover or written in the instructions somewhere. Some even show it on a front lcd screen.
When connected power up your browser and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 or whatever the instructions say.
You should then be able to access the menu.
i was trying to get in via a usb lead not thinking that wireless would still connect without a valid chip i can now get in but its all vodaphone stuff and cant find where i have to enter the new codes on you tube it all looks so easy

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
You should only need an active sim card to access the mobile network for the internet connection from the mifi.
The wifi is it's own entente so wifi will talk to wifi within range of each other.
My wifes new mobile phone arrive yesterday and we setup the wifi connection to the house router with out a sim card in the phone.

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
r207 its a huawei 5330 im told
iu do have the three chip in it and when i get into the vodaphone settings it does show as a three chip in it

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
cant get in at all from home computer via usb can sign into the admin via wifi but theres no where for the unlock code to go i was folowing a u tube video which says got to advanced settings but ther e is no advanced settings

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
What video? I don't think you can unlock the device through the log in and setting page.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have the same device and can access the administration pages using the Web address john gave above... ie 192.168.0.1

r207 its a huawei 5330 im told
iu do have the three chip in it and when i get into the vodaphone settings it does show as a three chip in it

If you have accessed those pages and can see a 3 sim present as from your above post then I think the device is alreday unlocked..
If it can't connect to the network it may be the apn settings need changing...
Can't be more help with them as I'm not home and don't have that unit with me...
Andy.

Deleted User
You need to find settings and then profile management and the correct APN for three, I can't remember what it is unfortunately, I am not using a 3 sim at the moment.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I was just thinking about getting a 3 data sim for my r207 so thought I would see if was still working.
So without a sim card in it and my android tablet.
Switch on r207 then go to WiFi settings on the tablet.
Connect to the r207 WiFi by entering the password which on mine is inside the back cover.
When it says connected open chrome or your browser and type the URL given above 192.168.0.1.
That should give u the initial screen from the r207.
Do it all over again with the sim in and if u need the APN its THREE.CO.UK
please let me know if it works then I will get myself a 3 data sim.
Hth

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Are you at home or abroad? I was happily using my 3 sim in my mifi until I took it to France and it wouldn't work even though the same simdid a year earlier there. I thought mine was somehow locked for abroad. I spent countless hours on the phone to 3 who ended up saying card must be faulty and sent me another.

Anyway I put the new card in and same thing happened , couldn't seem to get the box up to enter the pin with the 3 sim but luckily I now had access to an old unlocked phone. Put the SIM card in there and entered the pin. Took card out and put it back in mifi and hey presto it worked. Try it .

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My mifi address is 192.168.8.1
Just another one to throw into the mix :)

OP
OP
mitzimad
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
after much swearing and cursing i finaly managed to speak to someone in bengal or bradford regarding this and it appears despite only opening the packet 3 days ago and never having connected there is not credit on the sim
spoke to amazon and they are going to replace it but touch and go if its here before we go away in 2 weeks
why when ever i plan ahead does it never work out i bought the sim for the hols back in december, im going back to the last minute plan thats worked for years

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe not arriving within two weeks sounds a bit off in this day and age.
I would be inclined to buy a fresh 3 data sim card so your sure to be up and running while your away and use the replacement at a later date as they do not count down time or usage until first use in a device.
We got our present 3 data sim 12 Gb x 12 months for 23.99 from MyMemory and it arrived the next day.

Deleted User
thats the problem they have doubled in price since last december and halved the time valid

Never seen a 12Gb x 12 month 3 data sim any cheaper than that!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back