Free Member
Jun 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 200
Exp
One week
Enjoying my first week in France as a new motorhomer. Daunting at times and a lot of fun. A shout out to EX51SSS Tony and Janet for their time, knowledge and friendly support as my first neibours on my first Aire. They suggested I join up so here I am. I am looking forward to the fellowship this new venture will bring. Thank you Tony and Janet.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome plenty of help advice and banter on here!
Enjoy your new lifestyle it becomes addictive!!w2f:france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Congratulations on your first foray into France.
Hot isn't it? We live in the east of France, and it is hot hot hot. Thermometer on (car) dashboard showed 55 C with windows wide open. House wall thermometer was at maximum, never seen that before.
I wish you the most marvellous adventures....... are you going to watch the Tour de France? It is passing through our area on 5th and 6th July, so don't know where you are and when it will pass. Next is 14th July, so there will be fêtes and fireworks everywhere (perhaps ask tourist office for info of what and where). 17th June was "la fête de la musique", a national annual event with music being played everywhere. So look for posters, as here there is lots music-wise still going on (we have a celtic music festival on 25th just to give an example).
Also on Saturday and mostly Sundays there will be vide greniers (empty attics, really nice car boot sales but in villages with stalls in front of their houses). To find out where they are, go to http://brocabrac.fr/ (Brocabrac) and you type in the department you are currently visiting, this will bring up a list of the vide greniers, a map to locate, and then you can look at the size. Red dots show the size, so one dot is small and four dots enormous.
Well have a lovely time, keep posting. You make me a bit envious as we bought ours in April, but I have so many work commitments that we only can make little excursions.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun :hiya:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi Chris and it was a pleasure getting to know you and although I helped a little, I do think the best thing you did was become a member on here.
They, between them, are a great network of support and advice especially when it's truly needed..
Like any forum, there are those who can't resist a laugh at someone else's expense but that's life.
Have a great trip and any problems, open up a thread and importantly @ChrisBFJ
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Lafant

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi from Provence. We're new to motorhome fun, but not to France. It's an annual trip. This year we wemt to La Lavandou, then St Remy en Provence. We stayed at Camping Domaine at La Lavandou. Lovely site, well run, large emplacements, direct access to the beach.

OP
OP
ChrisBFJ

ChrisBFJ

Free Member
Jun 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 200
Exp
One week
Thank you for your informative replies. I will be trying all of your advice out! It's great to have recommendations. I appreciate it.

Mickp1694

Free Member
Jul 1, 2017
Co durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper broadway fb
Exp
4 months
Just started as well,already broken two bits already,expensive hobby,for cheap holidays, but it's fun.

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Enjoying my first week in France as a new motorhomer. Daunting at times and a lot of fun. A shout out to EX51SSS Tony and Janet for their time, knowledge and friendly support as my first neibours on my first Aire. They suggested I join up so here I am. I am looking forward to the fellowship this new venture will bring. Thank you Tony and Janet.
Welcome. France out of season (i.e. not high summer) is probably the best time to go there. Lots of relatively empty roads and much less traffic than here at home. If we could just get them to drive on the left before Brexit kicks in...;)

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Thank you for your informative replies. I will be trying all of your advice out! It's great to have recommendations. I appreciate it.
Just don't try out the one I posted earlier about driving on the left!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back