About to travel abroad again. Am I foolhardy? (1 Viewer)

Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Hello,
I normally travel solo with my dog around the UK and continent. I went into an almighty selfish sulk in March when all my travel plans for this year went up in smoke (I should be arriving at the arctic circle just about now!). I've booked EuroTunnel for Jul 13 and will play it by ear. Norway isn't possible yet, but France and Spain should be ok. At the moment I'm busy devsing ways of being as safe as possible and sorting out contingency plans should the worst happen. Anybody already travelling on the continent? I'm sure I will find some useful information on this forum, and hopefully be able to provide some. I've only been motorhoming for 4 years, but have spent 50% of that time in the van and clocked up 40k miles, so have gained a lot of experience in a short time.
Richard

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Very good thread here.
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:welcome4: Hi, certainly where we are in the Costa Blanca north, most people wear masks, social distancing is being maintained, the campsite here opens on the 1st July, parking near beaches are a problem, we head off in our motorhome towards the end of July to visit the UK, hopefully it will be a bit cooler because it's hot at the moment, and our dogs used to the heat, walks are in the shade before 10.00 and after 21.00 . 😎 Bob.

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
My issue is (last time I looked) the government was advising against all nonessential travel and you’ll not get insurance which will cover you against getting corona virus.

Those things combined mean that you had better have deep pockets if you need hospital treatment.

Hopefully you’re fit and well enough for it not to get bad. But I’d hate to be stuck abroad, in a van, even with mild symptoms.

Not for me atm, but good luck to you and welcome to the fun.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
welcome. you will have a great time...

on the travel insurance, even if the Gov advise says travel is allowed, few if any Insurances will cover Corona virus at all; unless your trip was booked before lockdown. So either you dont leave the UK at all, or take normal care, enjoy your trip and not worry about that part of the Ins cover.
IMHO there will be no cover available for CV 19 or its derivatives.

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
welcome. you will have a great time...

on the travel insurance, even if the Gov advise says travel is allowed, few if any Insurances will cover Corona virus at all; unless your trip was booked before lockdown. So either you dont leave the UK at all, or take normal care, enjoy your trip and not worry about that part of the Ins cover.
Thanks. Actually, without going into detail, I will be safer travelling on my own in the van than here at home. Getting ill while travelling solo is always a worry at the best of times.

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
:welcome4: Hi, certainly where we are in the Costa Blanca north, most people wear masks, social distancing is being maintained, the campsite here opens on the 1st July, parking near beaches are a problem, we head off in our motorhome towards the end of July to visit the UK, hopefully it will be a bit cooler because it's hot at the moment, and our dogs used to the heat, walks are in the shade before 10.00 and after 21.00 . 😎 Bob.
We might pass each other! You heading north and me heading south. I like quiet places away from the coast.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I mentioned on another thread that I think travel insurance will be available to cover overseas medical requirements in relation to Covid-19. But unlikely to cover cancellation as a result of catching the virus beforehand, or needing to self-isollate

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I mentioned on another thread that I think travel insurance will be available to cover overseas medical requirements in relation to Covid-19. But unlikely to cover cancellation as a result of catching the virus beforehand, or needing to self-isollate

checked today on renewal of Travel insurance... any curtailment delays, cancellations etc due to Corvid not covered , medical treatment if necessary for Corvid and repatriation if required is covered.

OP
OP
K
Jun 28, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
checked today on renewal of Travel insurance... any curtailment delays, cancellations etc due to Corvid not covered , medical treatment if necessary for Corvid and repatriation if required is covered.
As I took out travel insurance pre-covid it would appear from the T&Cs I'm covered. However, making a claim is another matter. It took nearly a year of grief not that long ago to get a claim paid when I had to cut my journey short because my partner fell ill. Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back