About to fit a reversing camera- advice please (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Well, finally bit the bullet and decided to go for a branded product, its a two camera setup from Reversing Cameras UK with a rear view mirror monitor.

First question is " Has anyone seen one of these high level brake lights it seems to be built into the joining strip between the curved roof sheet and the sandwich wall

20180805_114650.jpg

Sorry about the shadow from the adjacent street light but I hope perhaps someone can tell me how the cable is run? It doesn't seem to be available down at a rear light cluster so may be part of an internal loom
Any advice, over the roof? along the trim strip internally?

Before I start drilling!!

Thanks

Mike

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
My advice is you've got to find the high lever brake light cable, that's your way in.
My moho had a single camera that wasn't very good at best so I found the cable for it and changed it to twin camera cable by taping new to,old and pulling through. Unless you can get access to the cavity you could pull the high level light cable out attached to camera cable and a string line. Pull cable and string through, disconnect camera cable and pull brake cable back out with string and reconnect.
BUT you've got to find brake cable first! (y)
Camera above or below brake light, above if possible would be my choice.

OP
OP
Mike800966
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Thanks Badknee,
I had a closer look this evening by undoing the screws that hold the high level brake light. It seems to be a sheathed cable going up into the roof area so I dont think that helps. I planned to use the top of the joining strip and then drop down into the corner locker but I have since found that the cables from the cameras are not that long and i really dont think that I should have connections in the gutter/joining strip!
Will look again and think a bit more tomorrow.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks Badknee,
I had a closer look this evening by undoing the screws that hold the high level brake light. It seems to be a sheathed cable going up into the roof area so I dont think that helps. I planned to use the top of the joining strip and then drop down into the corner locker but I have since found that the cables from the cameras are not that long and i really dont think that I should have connections in the gutter/joining strip!
Will look again and think a bit more tomorrow.
Mike
Not long? Mine were twelve mtrs long! Dropped down one corner then fed along the chassis and up through the footwell onto the dash.

OP
OP
Mike800966
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Well thank you but the camera cable tails are only about 600mm long, the cable going forward is 15m because I asked for the extra length to make sure I could route it easily ( the van is only 7m in total) but that is horizontal etc etc

Thanks

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back