Sallysausage

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
Euro mobile
Exp
I am just about to buy a Peugeot impala autocruise on a r reg,50.000 miles,has anyone had or still own one of these and could give me any insight to how good or bad they are? I would be very grateful for any advice.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Autocruse are nice vans and at that vintage well made with the factory close to where I am :thumb: Do all the usual checks and make sure everything works esp fridge boiler and heating because all of these are around £500 ish plus to replace ---check for any signs of Damp :Eeek: this is a major killer of M/Hs When you enter the van use your nose and look around for mold esp in rear ---If you can try and buy a damp meter- Cheap ones from Maplins etc around £10 :thumb: If you do get one then stick it everywhere -in cnrs around doors roof windows in cupboards and floor-- readings up to 15/18 are OK above that needs investigating anything around 30 :Eeek::Eeek:If you are unsure about the van don't be afraid to get /ask for help -or walk away there will always be another -If you do buy it remember ENJOY :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Hi Sally
No idea about that particular model but make sure you do all the checks as per many posts on here and other forums. The main thing is dont be afraid to walk away if anything doesnt seem 100%. There are a lot of vans out there and its a buyers market. hope you find the right one for you!
C

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Check the plated weight and your driving license - most seem to be 3850kg on the Fiat Chassis (I assume the Peugeot will be similar but worth checking) so will need C1 on driving license to drive it.
I would now check actual payload on any new to me van I buy as I have been caught out twice now - so try if possible to get it weighed in running order and check axle weights individually.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I doubt it has any with all on board if only 3500.
As said you need to weigh it and if a four berth then with four people aboard.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back