Ability for thread creator to close a thread please (2 Viewers)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jim.

Could we have a facility for the original poster of a thread to lock it please. I've noticed a few occasions with rallies especially, where people have picked up the prior year thread. I thought I'd try to close the bacon roll and music threads for Shrewsbury, but there doesn't seem to be the facility unlike other forums I use.

Apologies of already covered, but I couldn't see a thread for this point.

Thanks ... Robin

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi Jim.

Could we have a facility for the original poster of a thread to lock it please. I've noticed a few occasions with rallies especially, where people have picked up the prior year thread. I thought I'd try to close the bacon roll and music threads for Shrewsbury, but there doesn't seem to be the facility unlike other forums I use.

Thanks ... Robin
Just ask Jim to lock the thread. If there is a good reason I'm sure he would do it. Giving posters the power to it could be abused. :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Giving posters the power to it could be abused.
Agreed. I can imagine certain people making a seriously controversial post, not liking some initial responses and posting a put down then closing the thread to prevent responses to themselves.
I think it would be a bad idea Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim.

Thanks ... Robin

Can I suggest in future that if you are making a time sensitive post you put the year/date in the title?

As an example.

Bacon buttons for Stratford Rally [June 2019]

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Maybe the original poster can just add CLOSED - or something to the start of the thread title once its done with

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just report a post in the thread you want closed, then I don't have to hunt for, or guess the correct thread. (y)
LOL. I just pm'd the two threads to you as this arrived.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Just ask Jim to lock the thread. If there is a good reason I'm sure he would do it. Giving posters the power to it could be abused. :)

I agree. The other sites I use are purely technical and well moderated by techies so it's very rare to get a controversial post. I hadn't thought it through.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back