Aberystwyth seafront camper van action deferred (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A decision on tighter restrictions to prevent long-term parking for motor homes and camper vans on Aberystwyth's promenade has been put on hold.

Ceredigion's cabinet has deferred a decision on a traffic order to force vehicles to leave the town's promenade up to four hours after parking.

The move followed complaints that some camper vans were left for weeks at the south promenade last summer.

Councillors have backed restrictions on another part of the promenade.

On Tuesday, the cabinet decided they needed more information before backing or rejecting a plan to allow vehicles to park for four hours on the south promenade between 08:00 BST and 18:00 BST between Monday and Saturday with no return within four hours.

But councillors agreed to restrict waiting times to two hours with no return within two hours at the town's Marine Terrace between 09:00 BST and 18:00 BST on every day apart from Sunday until 30 September.

The four-hour parking limit plan for the south promenade has been criticised by people living nearby who said it would stop them parking near their homes.

The local authority also received telephone requests from camper van users not to introduce the restrictions.

The cabinet could discuss the matter at its meeting in June.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-27474000

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
An Aberystwth voice is calling
Bells of memory chime
Go home again, Go home again
They call through the oceans of time
There'll be no welcome in the hillsides,
There'll be no welcome in the Vales.
This land you knew will not be singing,
When you come back again to Wales.
This land of song will keep no welcome,
And give no love that never fails.
We'll turn away from Aberystwyth,
You'll not come back again to Wales.
Round here you can't park on the hillsides,
Round here you can't park in the Vales.
This land you knew will not be singing,
Should you come back again to Wales.

This land of song will keep no welcome,
And give no love that never fails.
We'll turn away from Aberystwyth,
You'll not come back again to Wales..
So just sod off from Aberystwyth
and don't come back again to Wales

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie635

Free Member
Oct 11, 2014
Stockport
Funster No
MH
CI CARIOCA
Exp
1 Year
We spent a day in Aberystwyth earlier this year and there were 3 or 4 Motorhomes
parked on the prom that looked as though they had been there for a while, i.e water
tanks connected, generators out, it didn't look good.
It only takes a few to spoil it for others.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yep see it all the time, I take my dogs walking to a nice little spot down on the southcoast, no parking restrictions right on the beach, see quite few motorhomes parking there, some for a night or two, some for a week, there has been a Rv, a homemade and two euro's been there for at least a month possibly two, not moved a muscle in all that time, it'll only be a matter of time before someone gets a bee in their bonnet and complains to the council:(

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
On a serious note the council must have powers already that enable them to do something; just not the serious desire.
I'd rather see a few Piss takers moved on than everyone else penalised

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On a serious note the council must have powers already that enable them to do something; just not the serious desire.
I'd rather see a few Piss takers moved on than everyone else penalised
More than likely they don't have powers other than to introduce and enforce TROs. I certainly can't think of any off-hand. Even trying to use S2 of the Local Government Act 2000 would probably fall to a challenge under S3(1) of the same Act.
The problem is that local authorities are "creatures of statute", which means that what they can and can not do is laid down by parliament and, in many cases, is within rigid boundaries.

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
We spent two nights there last summer we got talking to some of the van owners one had been there for four months they were using a car to go home to do the washing and leaving the van on the promenade

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We spent two nights there last summer we got talking to some of the van owners one had been there for four months they were using a car to go home to do the washing and leaving the van on the promenade

I don't understand that mentality, I get bored after two days in one place, especially Abba I'd get bored in half a day:p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back