Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cal, sounds like a fun idea, an Abba weekender lol:Smile:
I guess you'll have to pick a date, which will fit in with whichever site you decide to book that has the right facilities, and also any Act you might want to sort out. (a logistical nightmare!) You can say that again Dave.::bigsmile:
If March (which is good for us btw:winky:) would almost certainly want a site with EHU as will need the rads on!!! And would of course depend on the amount of white stuff on the ground:Cool: Yes, it rules out some or puts the price up dramatically.
I think - as you probably know - you'll never get dates and venues to sort everyone - so just try to get something firmed up and pencilled in, and then see what the response is. (....not teaching you to suck eggs - just trying to be helpful:Smile:) No Dave, I realise that but thanks for pointing it out anyway.
Have done a fair bit of event organising in the past when i owned the Brewery and it's never easy if you try to be all things to all people.
Remeber the phrase 'Build it and they will come' :yeah: Wise words.
The idea is a good one, so good luck and will see what/where/when you propose!!!:thumb:
Hope to make it - 2014 we are gonna go mad and get to as many events as poss:thumb:
Hope to see you later in the year then Dave, thanks for your post, very positive stuff.
Regards
Cal

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Evening Cal,

There's a lot going on from June 12th to 29th, so yes, another time would be better for many of us. March tends to be quite cold, as many of us experienced at Newark Show this year. It's finding that "happy medium", and as said before, good luck with it. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Looks quite a nice place if a tad "regimented", no pub is sad:Sad:. 25% cancellation fee is rather a lot, Refunds will only be given with 5 working days clear notice is a bit tough as well.
Would the cricket club allow us to have a band/disco do you know?
Might be worth a phone inquiry.

cricket club is only small ,a bar and a large consevertry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
cricket club is only small ,a bar and a large consevertry

Can't get hold of anyone there at the moment and the campsite is closed until 14th April (I think, might be March, no matter as it is still closed). I spoke to a young girl and suggested that the money involved might make it worth opening for the weekend (if they are allowed to that is) and that way we wouldn't be interfering with anyone else with our ABBA music. The boss is supposed to ring me but hasn't yet, I will ring him tomorrow.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Dog, do two things.

Find your venue.

Find your entertainers

Fix your date on what suits YOU...

The rest will come together.

Incidentally, if you check out the Shrewsbury thread from last year, you will see some funsters that actually do abba tribute as their hobby.....:winky:

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dog, do two things.

Find your venue.

Find your entertainers

Fix your date on what suits YOU...

The rest will come together.

Incidentally, if you check out the Shrewsbury thread from last year, you will see some funsters that actually do abba tribute as their hobby.....:winky:
Thanks for the advice Paul, I'm learning quite a lot here the first being it aint as easy as it sounds, lol.
Maybe some of the ABAA tribute funsters will come forward and volunteer, they know they will have an appreciative audience.
I will look at the thread as you suggest.
Regards
Cal

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Cal,

Just re reading and saw Paul's post, and thought "is the Wrenbury Arms to far of centre?"

See www.wrenburyarms.com

No EHU but a bar, function room, food and a rally field for about 70!

Happy new year

Nev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We've been to rallies at Uttoxeter Racecourse with C & CC Folk Club. Nice room, access to loos and hardstanding. (It's the hall next to the Caravan Club site) I presume it's bookable via the racecourse.

Warwick racecourse also hosts rallies, I think.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
an indoor area would be preferable for most tribute acts as outdoors there are all sorts of issues with things as noise pollution.

I have access to quite a lot of PA equipment if required from a battery powered amplifier and speaker system to a full scale 10,000 capacity festival system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back