Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@GJH ... how long did it take to get your payout when the Asda van squished your pride and joy?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
When my car was stolen I was told by my insurers I would not get a paid out until the car had not been recovered for 6 weeks.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
@GJH ... how long did it take to get your payout when the Asda van squished your pride and joy?
We received the cheque 6 weeks to the day after the first of the two vehicles collided with it.
Considering that there were three insurance companies involved (ours and those of the two parties at fault) and that the collisions happened 8 and 6 days before Christmas, we thought that was pretty good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
A few years ago we were in Mojacor and got talking to a Brit in a bar. When we asked what he did out there as he obviously wasn't old enough to have retired he said he was' an ex criminal' - yes, truthfully, that is what he said. He said he'd recently come out of prison having done 5 years for money laundering. He said he was now going straight and was buying motorhomes and caravans from people who'd gone broke out there and just wanted enough money to get home, then selling them on.
I always wondered about that!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A few years ago we were in Mojacor and got talking to a Brit in a bar. When we asked what he did out there as he obviously wasn't old enough to have retired he said he was' an ex criminal' - yes, truthfully, that is what he said. He said he'd recently come out of prison having done 5 years for money laundering. He said he was now going straight and was buying motorhomes and caravans from people who'd gone broke out there and just wanted enough money to get home, then selling them on.
I always wondered about that!!
And Santa gets a piggy back off a purple spotted gnome.
I reckon the 'criminal' bit was true but as for the 'ex' ..... :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back