LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
We have arrived back at the aire at Caberceno where we started our holiday in Spain 5 weeks ago. Only 3 vans here at the moment. I think the aire is going to be or has been closed now that the Safari park have moved their main entrance to Caberceno. It is not on Park4Night and the decrepit old bourne has been rendered unusable by being wrapped and tied up with tarpaulin and the grey waste point seems to have been destroyed or filled in. Such a shame as it is a pleasant spot by the lake at the back of Santander, in the hills. Got to get our locator forms done ready for tomorrow and then it’s back home to a cool autumn in UK on the Pont Aven.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
B1DC3036-3149-457D-A481-F1402234CF7B.jpeg
E7E52FA3-38A0-4982-B101-2C6323845736.jpeg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have arrived back at the aire at Caberceno where we started our holiday in Spain 5 weeks ago. Only 3 vans here at the moment. I think the aire is going to be or has been closed now that the Safari park have moved their main entrance to Caberceno. It is not on Park4Night and the decrepit old bourne has been rendered unusable by being wrapped and tied up with tarpaulin and the grey waste point seems to have been destroyed or filled in. Such a shame as it is a pleasant spot by the lake at the back of Santander, in the hills. Got to get our locator forms done ready for tomorrow and then it’s back home to a cool autumn in UK on the Pont Aven.
Couple of miles away from Caberceno is a filling station.If you buy fuel their motorhome services are free,,fresh water and black and grey waste disposal.BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Abacist your travels over the last few weeks have been something I have looked forward to reading about from my hospital bed. They have given my inspiration for my future travels once I am well enough to return home in a couple of months. I now have plenty of plans for 2022 and beyond. Thank you. Safe homeward travel.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Couple of miles away from Caberceno is a filling station.If you buy fuel their motorhome services are free,,fresh water and black and grey waste disposal.BUSBY.
Great tip - thank you busby

SOOZANDIAN

Free Member
Jun 7, 2015
ABERDEEN
Funster No
MH
Rimmer Ahorn
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for sharing your holiday photos & all the details - I’ve so enjoyed them. Hope you’re already planning your next trip 😀

May 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
On the lookout
Exp
On and off since 2006
Really enjoyed following you on you travels
and some of the photos were superb(y)

Thanks for taking us along with you and safe journey.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
The excitement is not over yet. We booked day 2 tests as part of the process to get home and they arrived yesterday. The return envelopes have the Immensa Lab in Wolverhampton to send them to which has been closed for failing to test properly. I have emailed them and completed a contact form in the website asking where to send the tests when we do them. No reply to date!
Phoned Government Health Security Agency Press Office for advice- useless! Told to phone 111 but too many callers. Made note of phone call date, time and persons name that I spoke to.
Talked to pharmacist who said buy another test as they are now cheap as 2 day PCR tests shortly to be abolished in favour of lateral flow test. Could not find a cheap one available to buy! Decided to do a lateral flow test instead as the best I can do in the circumstances!

Thoughts anyone? Going to get a call asking where our test results are next week!

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Because by making a stink about it to them I hope I can then sue them for breach of contract for failing to provide an alternative lab to whom to send the tests. At £96 each I can feel a claim in the small claims court coming on!

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
'Abacist' - really enjoyed reading about your trip and the super photos. Planning to go to Portugal in Sept for 1st time - so info has been invaluable ...
Just wondering about the 'tolls' and best way to pay road charges as sure to end up on motorways :unsure:
Now for more reading .... going to link into Lenny HB's trip Sept 2019 ...

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Lenny told me how to do it in my thread. Just registered a credit card with their website and the debits just hit the bank account - all done by number plate recognition.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back