Abacist first time to Mainland Spain! (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Is there any room on Bonterra Park ??? BUSBY.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
There were people leaving and arriving daily though bigger pitches harder to come by. Perhaps try booking. 19 euros with ACSI on pitch with fresh water tap and grey water drain.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
My wife has had to go to A & E twice since being home with extreme pain. Now seen a surgeon and gall bladder removal scheduled for the end of November. It could have been next week but she has other surgery scheduled for 28th October and they want a delay between 2 lots of general anaesthetic. It will be good when she's sorted and free of the risk of awful pain. Gall bladder removal can be a choice between surgery or the alternative of a fat free diet for life. I can't see the enjoyment in that and nor can she! Evidently a piece of buttered toast or a bacon roll could be enough to induce excruciating pain caused by the gall stone blocking the tube at the bottom of the bladder like a ball bearing blocking the entry point of a balloon. Keyhole surgery can be done as a day patient nowadays!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Gall Bladder operation this coming Friday evening so hopefully Margaret will soon be sorted. She's now worrying if I can cope with cleaning and hoovering the house whilst she convalesces - bless!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Gall Bladder operation this coming Friday evening so hopefully Margaret will soon be sorted. She's now worrying if I can cope with cleaning and hoovering the house whilst she convalesces - bless!
Hope all goes well !
Neighbours and friends will offer to clean and cook for you but it never works the other way!!!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Well done with all your Pic's Abacist.
Glad wife G.B. will be soon sorted.
When my first wife had hers done back in the 70's it was Major surgery and a long convalescence.
Mitch.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Hopes dashed for Margaret - operation cancelled at the last moment because she had very high blood pressure and an abnormal ECG whilst being prepped for her surgery. Now a whole load more tests with a cardiology consultant starting with an Echocardiogram and pills to reduce her blood pressure to come. In the meantime no prospect of surgery and more of the Zero Fat diet to prevent the agony brought on by the gall stones until the blood pressure and heart situation resolved. She is not having a good year!

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Low fat diet Xmas for her - Great!

No cake, bacon, cream, butter, cheese, pastry, pudding and no doubt others I have not thought of!

The family are being great and already producing low fat versions for their Mum!

Must look on the bright side as 2 recent visits to A & E did not reveal the problem in the ECG's that they took but the pre op hospital staff have caught the problem in one of the three ECG's they took on Friday night.

Her Mum had heart problems so its good that its come out hopefully early.

We are all keen to get to the bottom of her problem and resolve it! Bit tongue in cheek that as she has just had a polyp removed from just inside her bottom and thankfully it turned out to be benign!

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Your poor wife, sounds like she's really going through it...... hope it does get sorted quickly for her.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Heart tests to date show that Margaret has coronary heart disease and she goes for an MRI scan on Tuesday to establish how bad it is. Might be treatable by medication, or by fitting a stent or stents or if really bad heart bypass surgery. The gall bladder operation now has to wait for at least 6 months post heart surgery so the zero fat diet continues! She also is claustrophobic so is terrified about the MRI scan. She certainly isn't having a good time at present and next year's holidays are now going to be affected as well. The diet has had one benefit in that she has lost a bit of weight.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Good news after the MRI scan and the cardiologist was present to give us the news afterwards. One furred artery that is not bad enough to require stents or surgery and medication will sort it out.

Now awaiting new meds and then she can get on and get the gall bladder removed!

The sooner the better and then we can plan for 2017 holidays!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Good news, I suppose, in the scheme of things. At least they will be able to sort out your wife's heart problem and reschedule her op. Give her my best wishes and good luck for the future.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Monday 23rd January at 3pm Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy or Keyhole Gall Bladder Removal for my wife - fingers crossed this time!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
download.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Good luck,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You have kindly suggested a hot water bottle but I don't think that would make most people's must have list on a holiday to southern Spain to find the sun and heat!

How come you have not had yours out if it's giving you trouble?

I didn't know what it was basically. It was only in 2008 when out for a meal with friends & pain came on so you don't fancy eating , & was explaining to my friends wife that she siad that it was gall stones. Never occurred to me before as I used to get it on & off in the UK for at least 10 years before we moved here.
I saw doctor here & had an ultrasound & it showed stones. Referred to hospital but the consultant there talked me out of it. It didn't take much as I was already struggling with how to get to hospital ?, how to get home,? Who would look after dogs & feed them ? Etc.
I've always got a hot water bottle & yes having to use it when the bedroom temperature is in the 30's is just one of those things.

Gall bladder removal can be a choice between surgery or the alternative of a fat free diet for life. I can't see the enjoyment in that and nor can she! Evidently a piece of buttered toast or a bacon roll could be enough to induce excruciating pain caused by the gall stone blocking the tube at the bottom of the bladder like a ball bearing blocking the entry point of a balloon. Keyhole surgery can be done as a day patient nowadays!

No that's not quite true. Just the thought of food setting the taste buds off will generate bile in the gall bladder . If a stone then blocks you have the onset of the pain . You don't actually have to eat anything.
The pain is excruciating , & worse when lying down I found , whereas standing or sitting up would be far less painful & the use of the hot water bottle both front & back , as pain alternates , always helps.Then again as I had it for at least 17 years without realising what it was , just thought it was indigestion/eaten too much /something too rich etc, I had become used to it.
When it occurs now I just use a hot water bottle/don't eat.
I certainly don't follow a fat free diet.

Sorry to hear of your wife's other health problems but at least the gall stone problem has brought them to light before any harm has occurred .Good luck with the wife's op on Monday & sorry for the delay in replying. Just missed it.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Sorry to hear about your issues @gus-lopez and I am surprised that you don't have your gall bladder out. I had mine out many years ago and can eat anything and have no issues with not having one. I was presented with a jar of malteser sized gall stones and realised why I had had so much pain when one got stuck somewhere in my tubes.

Just before the first stone got stuck I had food poisoning from eating a tuna and mayonnaise sandwich in a local hotel and when the pain first started to set in I thought I had had a reaction to the pills I had been given for the food poisoning and went back to the doctor. I barely got through his door and he said I needed to be in hospital so must have looked pretty awful. It took a lot of morphine to overcome the pain. There was never any question back then of having some other treatment or not having any treatment. The diagnosis was an endoscopy to find and get rid of the stuck stone and presumably based on its size I was then told that I needed to have my gall bladder out which was done about a month later.

My Dad also had his out but his stones were more like sand so it will be interesting to see what my wife's are like if we get to see them.

My only disappointment was that my surgery was supposed to be keyhole but they surgeon ended up opening me right up as he couldn't see what he was doing. Afterwards he admitted that he knew he would not be able to do keyhole as he thought I was too fat! Margaret's surgeon has never had to open anyone right up yet so I am hoping that she will indeed have keyhole surgery as the recuperation will be so much easier for her. You can go home the same day or the next day if all goes well.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Got a phone message at home at 9:15 from the consultant to say that M sailed through the surgery and was in recovery.

Should be able to bring her home today!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back