AAARrrrrrrRRRRRgggggGGGGG!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
)Paid a visit this morning to Max to have a look under the bonnet and of course had to go next to the dashboard to unlock the bonnet and ...... this is where the Arrrrrggggg starts! This is what I found on the dash board and even on the steering wheel!

Any idea? The biggest one measures 1,5 cms

Nothing to do with the little tiny stuff hard and black I found on my table when at Parc Verger! Nooo these ones are browny and soft ... all fresh!

I would think of a rat now, but then nothing has been eaten from what I can see. I can't know about the wires going from the cabin to the bonnet as there are too many but I didn't see any coloured crumbles coming from the plastic bit around the wires!

I have cleaned up all and have spread flour all over the place to see WHO dared!
And this evening I will buy the whole stuff to kill whatever tries to share Max with me !

Edit : Sorry the pic is not very good but my camera (as the rest of my things lately) ...is having a tantrum and decided that all pics will be like this one

Attachments

• SL374813.JPG
    SL374813.JPG
    510.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Some sort of rodent droppings I think. Rat, large mouse. Flour is a great idea to find out "who"
And only way is to set a trap. I don't know how you'd find where it's getting in.
Bon courage, Frankie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Well obviously from engine side as I didn't find big drops like these anywhere else. Did find smallish ones above the cupboard (and I know for sure there was none after my cleaning) , just next to my bed ...... yukkkkkk and I was sleeping there the night before last! I just hope none had a snif at me while asleep .... nah ... my snoring would have been terrible to stand:ROFLMAO:.

I must get rid of it anyway before it makes a mess among my wires!

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Are you sure the smaller droppings are from younger rats known as 'kittens'! Whatever you do don't lay down poison,they will go somewhere to die and then the smell will be 'orrible, lay traps with chocolate spread.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Are you sure the smaller droppings are from younger rats known as 'kittens'! Whatever you do don't lay down poison,they will go somewhere to die and then the smell will be 'orrible, lay traps with chocolate spread.

In fact I thought I would do both . I've asked my dad to buy some nutella (little size one.... because I know a big female rat, I mean frog, who is going to have all the rest of it!:whistle::oops:)

I'm going to buy bigger traps that the ones I have and put Nutella on the thingy supposed to shut the trap and I will leave as well at the bottom of the trap, some poison soft cube so that I can see that 1) I caught the responsible and 2) be sure it's not going to come back or die in some little corner and makes the whole place stink 3)won't have to get rid of it afterwards when still alive.

Will let you know the result...if any that is

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Sticky "nutella" or chocolate spread, so that they have to lick it off the trap and make sure it is a rat trap, not a mouse trap.. Mitch and Jenny

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Sticky "nutella" or chocolate spread, so that they have to lick it off the trap and make sure it is a rat trap, not a mouse trap.. Mitch and Jenny

Yep exactly! I have mousetraps , this is why I intend to go and find bigger ones for rats!

Sixbows

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed
Exp
It couldbe a loir, they start gathering material for their hibernation around now. Our neighbour had a brand new audi ruined by the little critters, they invaid even if there is no food around. We use the blue toilet blocks in our attic to deter them.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You might want to anchor the trap as rats put up one hell of a struggle when caught and will drag a trap away while still trapped in it.
I use steel traps, and anchor with a piece of chain. Same with mink. They will eat their own legs off to get away.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Frankie what you need to do is put plenty of food out to feed the rats or mice - that way they won't eat Max :D:whistle:
terry

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi Frankie - we have a Sonic Rodent repeller in our van and, despite living in the countryside and storing our previous van for a while on a farm, we have never had a rodent problem. Have a look at this - not the model we have installed but it has very good reviews.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Try some Menthe Sauvage in all the possible places they could occupy, they don't like it and it smells nice(y)
Can it be bought in the UK, as a sort of pot pourri ???

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Can it be bought in the UK, as a sort of pot pourri ???
I'm not sure if your muckin about(y) but its "wild mint" that grows anywhere! especially on the roadside in the country side, but be careful you don't get dun for fly-tipping:D

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm not sure if your muckin about(y) but its "wild mint" that grows anywhere! especially on the roadside in the country side, but be careful you don't get dun for fly-tipping:D
No mate, dead serious. Thought of putting a couple of bunches in the MH this winter, if that helps to keep the rodents out.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
try some franki if it has hazel nut in it its squirrel if not its rat :whistle:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Good hunting tonight (y)(y)

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Peanut better ready ... bucket (in fact coolbox as my bucket wasn't deep enough) with water in , stick holding a little plastic bottle with peanut butter on .... and some sort of ladder to get to the bucket ! This is in the corridor and under the dinette table is the trap , anchored to the leg of the table with a little chain .....
I'm not sure that the bucket will work as I didn't have the right tools to make a proper hole at the bottom , still the bottle spins around the stick.... time will tell ! If I can't get it like that then .... poison will come next!

WAR IS DECLARED!

Frankie(y):cool:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
.................You speak from experience??? Pray tell, where did you put the peanut butter??? :eek:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Report : No visit at all last night ! ... No poo, no weewee, and no rat in the bucket, nor in the trap!:Eeek:

Obviously the rat felt my determination , OR ... it didn't stand the noise of the step alarm..???
Yesterday I let it on for a few minutes on purpose as the buzzer , a very loud buzzer is right on the dash board!:whistle2:

May be the rat didn't like it at all and decided to change house... Will leave trap and bucket (will improve it though) for a few days or even for all winter!;)

I feel a bit better , but I might have just won a battle .... war might not be over. I will let you know if the little devil shows up again:)

Amicalement

Frankie:cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back