LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
i have used microsoft money for years, (2004) I had a problem where by one of the files became corrupted. anyhow tries all the normal stuff, repair files etc but i think its a registry problem. I therefore uninstalled MSM but everytime i reinstall it and run it, MSM somehow finds an old file and instead of letting me re start from blank, loads all my old data.

i need a good programme uninstaller. any ideas?

tyrangie1

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
CCleaner

Hi haganap
Don't know if this will help but i use free software called CCleaner it has a registry cleaner, file repair etc and it is a free download. CCleaner - Home.
Good Luck
Angie

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
i have used microsoft money for years, (2004) I had a problem where by one of the files became corrupted. anyhow tries all the normal stuff, repair files etc but i think its a registry problem. I therefore uninstalled MSM but everytime i reinstall it and run it, MSM somehow finds an old file and instead of letting me re start from blank, loads all my old data.

i need a good programme uninstaller. any ideas?

First of all check there's no files or folders in C:\PROGRAM FILES that relate to Microsoft Money.(Assuming default drive was chosen on installation)

Then Go to Start/ Run and type in regedit.

Click on File and then Export.

Save a copy of the registry to the chosen Pathnfirst before you attempt editing.

Click on Edit in the top menus and then Find.

In the Find What box try Money and then find next.
It'll come up "Searching the Registry"

IF the key found is relevent then delete it.

Then press F3 to recommence the process.

Be very sure the key is relevent to MS Money before deleting.

Many of the system settings are here and it can corrupt things if the wrong key is removed.

Regards Steve.

PS CCleaner may do it.:thumb:

Last edited:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I think it is your money backup file that is usually placed by default in C:\ it is an mbf file and if you do a search in explorer you will find it. This file would not normally be deleted by an uninstall. Only delete it if you are certain that you do not want to keep your old data. This file is updated automatically every time you exit money.

If you have another backup on a USB stick that you do weekly or fortnightly you can reload all your data from that once you have reinstalled the program.

Phil.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back