LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
If you're travelling to n-w Scotland this year, be aware that the A82 between Tyndrum and North Ballachulish is now designated a Rural Clearway - ie no stopping except in marked Parking areas.
This is due to poor stopping and parking practices leading to congestion and tailbacks on a quite narrow (though 2-lane), very busy, very fast - but very beautiful - road. This stretch includes both Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor.
My guess is that it will be enforced as there have been regular speed camera vehicles on the road for a long time now, no trouble to check parking too.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you're travelling to n-w Scotland this year, be aware that the A82 between Tyndrum and North Ballachulish is now designated a Rural Clearway - ie no stopping except in marked Parking areas.
This is due to poor stopping and parking practices leading to congestion and tailbacks on a quite narrow (though 2-lane), very busy, very fast - but very beautiful - road. This stretch includes both Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor.
My guess is that it will be enforced as there have been regular speed camera vehicles on the road for a long time now, no trouble to check parking too.
Not surprised. We use it frequently and some folk just lack common sense with their parking!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's just common sense, we were through Glencoe a few days ago and there was still some creative parking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
One of my favourite roads on a motorcycle. (Both directions)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
One of my favourite roads on a motorcycle. (Both directions)
Average speed cameras have taken the fun away from that. 😣 wen I was going through my Porsche 10 year faze 👍 nothing better than a blast around Glencoe and back via castle stalker... all gone now cant do 69 anymore 🤪😣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back