A Wet Day on the Roads in Sicily (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We had a couple of thunderstorms yesterday. One broke as we were entering Catania, a busy city on the east coast of Sicily. The approach taken by the local drivers at the junction shown in this video clip is interesting in that they take little notice of the conditions and just drive normally. Or what passes for normal in Italy. :)

Traffic coming from the left has in theory right of way. The traffic coming from the right and turning left doesn't. This is not obvious to the casual observer as the right of way conventions in Italy are different. :)

I got out by waiting for a gap from the left and just pulling out. The traffic coming from the right just let me in. A very civilised system. :)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
W

I got out by waiting for a gap from the left and just pulling out. The traffic coming from the right just let me in. A very civilised system. :)

What we were always taught in the UK . Block the first lane as soon as a gap arises / then just slot in to the other lane. Wait for both lanes & you will be there forever.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What we were always taught in the UK . Block the first lane as soon as a gap arises / then just slot in to the other lane. Wait for both lanes & you will be there forever.
Indeed, a queue very quickly built up behind me - they would have pushed me out if I hadn't moved. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back