Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Had a fantastic time in our RV since we got it, and have ironed out any minor things and got the LPG and just chuffed to bits.
We have been booking in to campsites to empty the black and grey water but we would like to do more wildcamping, is there any place we can just drive in and empty in the UK ? What do the Americans do? I feel a bit embarrassed asking but its a bit of a pain shelling out for one night in the few places that accomodate when sometimes we just want to keep moving, or we have a great wild spot and then have to leave to book in somewhere to empty.
Its not like we can disconnect the tank and haul it to a public loo and were pretty much fulltiming so..any Help :Blush:??!:Sad: are there places one can empty legally ??

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
i think most of the ccc sites allow you to use facilaties for a fee

if it is of any help i know higher penrith camsite , praa sands , cornwall allow use of all facilities for filling, emptying and showers for around £5 without staying there

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Thats handy to know, a fivers not bad, Thanks Robin:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes the £5 fee seems pretty standard
I assume you have a Macorator, you will not get a RV dump at many:Doh:
Geo

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
RV tanks are pretty big. We used ours for a 2 week holiday round europe with 5 of us and didnt need to empty the black for the whole journey. The grey is real easy just pull into a layby with the outlet over a drain and let it go. :thumb:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
If you are a Camping & Caravan Club member, you can pull into any of the club sites and pay £5 for the use of facilities Empty Tanks, fill fresh water tank even have a shower. Value for money.:thumb:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
some motorway services have a waste disposal point. usually in or enroute to the coach parking area.
i know stansted services had one in the long load bay( no pun intended), but i think they have moved it since the redesign.

also try a net search for

coach driver waste disposal points

i think you will find a list of free coach parks that have them. ive seen the list before somewhere.

OP
OP
jomel

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Ooooh! thats interesting Daveboy, Thanks for that Ill go search now.
Had to google what a Macerator meant (ewk!) but I am not sure if we have a built in one?. To empty, we undo cap attach the sewer hose and pull the lever for the black then pull the lever for the grey.
Theres only the two of us but on average we are emptying once a week as the the indicator lights on the control panel say the black and grey are on the red. This is getting personal now lol but I dont think we use it anymore than anyone else and if we are visiting touristy places we sometimes use facilities there. I wonder if the indicator panel is incorrect maybe? hmm...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back