A wee bit annoyed (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
On leaving the CMC site at Cheddar on Sunday morning we were heading for Uphill Wharf site near Weston super Mare which is only a half hours drive away, we decided to call in at Burnham On Sea to the excellent motorhome parking facility provided at Pier Road car park to while away 3 or 4 hours. There are 10 or 12 spaces especially for MHs.
When I got there, there were 3 spaces left all next to each other.

As I manoeuvred the van to reverse into the middle space I found out why there were 3 spaces together. Beside the Swift MH the occupants had left their deckchairs in the vacant space next to it and on the other side the Hymer had a whirly clothes drier complete with washing parked in the vacant space next to it.
My wife had to remove a plastic bread tray full of 'bits' to allow me to reverse into into the middle 'empty' space.
I can't believe some folks taking such liberties. These spaces are not free, I can't imagine them putting up with someone doing similar in their local NCP car park.
Such facilities are rare and shouldn't be abused.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Is it ignorance, selfishness or just plain i don't give a monkeys for others???

I've seen this several times in the areas around there.... a sort of chillax, don't give a monkey's bottom about anybody else... Wee Davey did right not to challenge them... there are a lot of not very nice people... I hate leaving my mh unattended. :(

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I'm still stunned that wee bold Davy can spell manoeuvred!! :clap: I couldn't spell a big word like that.
Chill out wee man & enjoy yer holidays.
:dance2:
A good Scottish edoocashon. I'm surprised that you managed to copy and paste it!!
Holiday is over Robert, back to the grind tomorrow :crying1:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Dutch have this down to a fine art ... in Spain we saw a few spots with water containers in them filled with stones, sand, you name it ... we didn't know why at first then realised it was to reserve the spots for MHs who had driven off and wanted to ensure their spot was still there when they returned ... one used his motorcycle to block a space. Totally selfish IMV - I can understand if they have a nice spot and want to return to it for a while longer but that's not the point when others should be able to have a share of the space too. We did managed to really pee off one Dutch though as we parked at the end of the run near him, he'd left quite a gap for his personal use and obviously didn't think a MH could park in and was really annoyed on his return ... it didn't infringe on his MH at all but he wasn't a happy bunny at having a neighbour on that side. :giggle:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The Dutch have this down to a fine art ... in Spain we saw a few spots with water containers in them filled with stones, sand, you name it ... we didn't know why at first then realised it was to reserve the spots for MHs who had driven off and wanted to ensure their spot was still there when they returned ... one used his motorcycle to block a space. Totally selfish IMV - I can understand if they have a nice spot and want to return to it for a while longer but that's not the point when others should be able to have a share of the space too. We did managed to really pee off one Dutch though as we parked at the end of the run near him, he'd left quite a gap for his personal use and obviously didn't think a MH could park in and was really annoyed on his return ... it didn't infringe on his MH at all but he wasn't a happy bunny at having a neighbour on that side. :giggle:
Totally agree, just one point though, if it is a paid for Aire, surely you are only reserving the spot you have already paid for.
If free well no excuse.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
We had a Dutch 'lady' accuse us of stealing her sunlight! Mataro near Barcelona in March 2020.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Totally agree, just one point though, if it is a paid for Aire, surely you are only reserving the spot you have already paid for.
If free well no excuse.
Not an aire, a parking area that MHers use. This was the one with the motorbike who had a massive spot ... we parked at the far end of the row next to the last MH in the picture.

DSCF7044.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back