A variety of water related questions. (1 Viewer)

Longstrider

Free Member
Jun 29, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Marlin
Exp
Be nice folks, I'm a newbie without a clue ... Have just bought our first motorhome, a Ducato Marlin and it appears that the grey water outlet is a stub of pipe almost on top of the rear axle. How the hell do I get a waste tank lined up with that when I can only see it by lying on the ground halfway underneath the vehicle ? (Not an easy thing to do when you're a fat bloke with a bad back ;) )

Also, having had a caravan in the past that had a cassette toilet, I'm used to adding 'blue bog jollop' to the 'clean' tank. On the motorhome it would seem that the toilet takes water from the main tank, so how do I add jollop, if at all ?

We have no idea of how long the 'fresh' water has been in the tank. Cannot find a 'dump tap' to empty it, and don't know how to best flush it out.

Any help much appreciated !

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
You could put a small mark on the sill in line with the waste pipe. You only put jollup in the cassette tank and there should be a dump valve for the water somewhere. Otherwise the top of the tank should have a screw on lid access

Upvote 0

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
it appears that the grey water outlet is a stub of pipe almost on top of the rear axle.
That sounds odd. Does the end of the pipe look ragged or a fitting.
I’d expect a tap on the end of the pipe that’s visibly just protruding the vehicle edge, and maybe tied up. Untied it could reach further. Like ours,
it would seem that the toilet takes water from the main tank, so how do I add jollop, if at all ?
Don’t add anything. Use a trigger spray bottle with some diluted pink toilet liquid
Cannot find a 'dump tap' to empty it, and don't know how to best flush it out.
Maybe someone with a similar make Motorhome can assist. Our clean water under a shelf in a wardrobe and the drain tap under a flap.

also, ;bigwelcome:

eidt: oh, the grey water pipe looks OK but is just awkward. OK, Steve’s idea about making a mark could be what’s needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Firstly try and look inside the fresh tank if possible and there might be a drain bung you can remove . Sounds like the grey waste outlet might have been damaged . Any chance of a picture ? The blue bags or blue chemical can be added directly into the cassette and then use a pink spray bottle rather than the pink chemical that you would have used in your flush tank on the caravan .

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
When you work out how to empty the tank you should not use anything to sterilise the tanks as it can be corrosive to the stainless steel in water heaters, boilers etc. Mains water contains additives to sterilise it for human consumption so flushing the system out with some fresh water a few times should be enough to clean it. You should also not use boiling water from a kettle as it can damage the pipework.

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Be nice folks, I'm a newbie without a clue ... Have just bought our first motorhome, a Ducato Marlin and it appears that the grey water outlet is a stub of pipe almost on top of the rear axle. How the hell do I get a waste tank lined up with that when I can only see it by lying on the ground halfway underneath the vehicle ? (Not an easy thing to do when you're a fat bloke with a bad back ;) )

Also, having had a caravan in the past that had a cassette toilet, I'm used to adding 'blue bog jollop' to the 'clean' tank. On the motorhome it would seem that the toilet takes water from the main tank, so how do I add jollop, if at all ?

We have no idea of how long the 'fresh' water has been in the tank. Cannot find a 'dump tap' to empty it, and don't know how to best flush it out.

Any help much appreciated !
Take slim bloke without a bad back with you

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The drain valve/pipe should come to the side of the van. Is the valve part still present?

Toilet cassette jollop goes direct into the cassette, normaly before refitting it as you don’t want to het the blue onto the plastic. Although most use green or other chemicals as the blue isn’t allowed everywhere and bad for environment.

Cold water dump for me is a valve plug in the bottom of the tank. So top of tank needs to be exposed/cap removed, hand in and pull valve.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Which Elnagh Marlin do you have? On the 65D they grey waste tap is behind the offside rear wheel, it maybe a grey pipe or a pull handle... the pull handle maybe missing. Same goes for the 65G, grey pipe or pull handle, it's under the off side garage door.

Fresh drain is a bung at the bottom of the tank... what Landy Andy said.

Toilet blue goes directly into the holding cassette with around 1-2 litres of water.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back