Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Getting a tree for Christmas

A nice native Silver Birch, Betula Pendula

Got a spot in the garden just ready for it, what a great present, instead of the usual bits of throwaway plastic

Aren't trees great, 1 tree provides enough oxygen for a day for 4 people.

May even get a native Rowan tree to go with it.

No socks for Paul this year.

Let's shout it for trees.

Who likes trees?

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Love trees and both the trees you mentioned are in my top 5 . Silver Birch are a tree of choice for a lot of public places the Tate modern has loads in front of it . Love the white trunk.
The Rowen is a beautiful tree and the berries are loved by the birds.
Great choice ?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We’ve got 4 of these on the little roundabout in front of our house. They have grown so much that their branches hang over the road and we have to drive through them both with our car and push through with the van. I keep hoping the dustbin lorry will clear a path but it’s not frequent enough. The little seeds get everywhere inside the car and in the vents.
They look nice though xroll:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I love silver birch trees, they have self set in thousands all over the local pit tips, mainly because the seeds are so prolific

As Annie says above the seeds really do get everywhere, watch your scuttles in a few years

we planted Rowan and cotoneaster trees a few years ago, their berries are amazing this year, especially the cotoneaster, but the birds have already stripped the rowan, not sure if they dont like the others or are saving them

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Both lovely trees.
i do love trees ... need some new fruit trees in the orchard as our apples broke due to too much fruit.
Might get some ornamental cherries too for the drive ... must actually get round to it this year!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What you see here is our house and garden....
Do we need more trees, no we bloody don't.

IMG_20191210_38839.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I do like trees but our elderly neighbour had a eucalyptus tree planted and it grows quicker and higher than a
laylandii tree , roots and sun blockage are a worry .

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Got a silver birch for my daughter’s family for Christmas, too. I have an apple tree that’s about 8 foot tall now, grew it from a pip. I also “plant” trees on anniversaries and birthdays through One Tree Planted. https://onetreeplanted.org/

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
My dad bought us a Golden Delicious apple tree when we got married way back in 1975.
We managed to stunt its growth by keeping it in containers for years its moved house four times and will me moving again when we decide to downsize in the future.
Before moving we dig a trench around it to encourage new roots to form
its about 6’ diameter and produces lots of tasty ?
We‘ve also bought apple trees for our children as they’ve got married.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Roman Berries are not poisonous but will give tummy ache if you eat too many, they are rich in Vit C and make a nice tart Jam or flavour a gin/vodka like a Sloe Gin!
Good for you more of us should plant trees.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Getting a tree for Christmas

Got a spot in the garden just ready for it, what a great present, instead of the usual bits of throwaway plastic

Aren't trees great, 1 tree provides enough oxygen for a day for 4 people.

May even get a native Rowan tree to go with it.

No socks for Paul this year.

Let's shout it for trees.

Who likes trees?

I love trees too, and bushes. Not so keen on flowers, but flowering bushes are nice.

I am lucky to live in a house with a large garden with nearly 30 trees in it. We have several fruit trees - sweet and sour cherry, apple, plum, and walnut, then conifers of various sort incl a Christmas tree planted 6(?) years ago which is up to the 1st floor windows. Then there are others which produce spectacular colours in autumn. But my favourite is the 45 foot silver birch, because I like wind and the majestic way it sways when windy. Enjoy yours CazPaul.

We are also lucky that we live on the first floor(B's son's family on ground) and have a large terrace so a magnificent view of the whole garden. When in leaf the trees hide almost all buildings in view from the terrace - it's like living in a tree house sitting there.

Roll on spring/summer and autumn.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back