A test of the BB code unfurl option (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
OK - I've managed to link to it. It looks as if you are using Wordpress, and the only relevant tag I can see is the title one
Code:
<title>John Laidler</title>

I don't use Wordpress. I use B2Evolution, which is the other fork from the old B2 blogging script.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DBK

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
DBK Compare your post to this one. These guys have a standard wordpress blog just like yours, but they use the free version of the Yoast SEO plugin this ensures that all their posts have the metadata filled. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Thanks

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
DBK Compare your post to this one. These guys have a standard wordpress blog just like yours, but they use the free version of the Yoast SEO plugin this ensures that all their posts have the metadata filled. (y)

Jim, thank you. I did a bit of Googling and found mention of Yoast - but also other options which naturally caused my brain to melt. I'll have a look at it now. :)

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
What's wrong with old fashioned HTML

Web site creation has become extremely complex now, and this is a result of the mix of reading devices.It's not just the variety of screen sizes, but the mix of browsers and operating systems as well as the devices - mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, chromebooks etc. It is no longer worth spending time writing your own html and css from scrarch. I use a mix of Drupal, B2Evo, Piwigo and SMF. If I want a simple site for a domain name sale, or to supply basic information, then I use one of the responsive templates that are freely available now.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Update: I've installed Yoast SEO and - my brain is still melting but it may cool down later. I've done a bit of work and learned what a "slug" is. Nothing seems to have changed yet on the website but I suspect it will take time for the changes to propagate around. I've also updated the PHP version as it was telling me the version I had was insecure so that's probably slowed things down a bit too.

Thanks Wild Brambles for highlighting this feature. As you say the web is a complex place these days. My website is just for fun really but I still need to take it more seriously and sort it out. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Update: I've installed Yoast SEO and

Choose your keywords for the article. The words you think people will type into a search engine, such as Motorhome in Britanny or two go-to Timbuktu .

Once you have your keywords you'll need to get those words naturally into the article 3 or 4 times, any pictures will need alt text setting, ideally, you'll have links to other articles and a couple links out to the web. A good link for travel articles is a link out to the Governments FCO for security advice and even better a link back here on Fun to a relevant thread.

Keep going till most of those lights in Yoast are green, it's rare for me to get them all green but its nice when you can and you'll get a lot more traffic from the search engines. (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Choose your keywords for the article. The words you think people will type into a search engine, such as Motorhome in Britanny or two go-to Timbuktu .

Once you have your keywords you'll need to get those words naturally into the article 3 or 4 times, any pictures will need alt text setting, ideally, you'll have links to other articles and a couple links out to the web. A good link for travel articles is a link out to the Governments FCO for security advice and even better a link back here on Fun to a relevant thread.

Keep going till most of those lights in Yoast are green, it's rare for me to get them all green but its nice when you can and you'll get a lot more traffic from the search engines. (y)
I might put a link or two back to MHF, perhaps to current threads I'm running, such as the latest trips. I guess this won't be a problem for you?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I might put a link or two back to MHF, perhaps to current threads I'm running, such as the latest trips. I guess this won't be a problem for you?

No problem at all. It would OK for us but very beneficial to you (y)

• Thanks
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I don’t think I need this,?? bye

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This has been a useful thread if expensive. Looking again at my neglected website I realised it was being flagged up as insecure. So one SSL certificate later things are now sorted. :)

Deleted User
Web site creation has become extremely complex now, and this is a result of the mix of reading devices.It's not just the variety of screen sizes, but the mix of browsers and operating systems as well as the devices - mobile phones, tablets, notebooks, chromebooks etc. It is no longer worth spending time writing your own html and css from scrarch. I use a mix of Drupal, B2Evo, Piwigo and SMF. If I want a simple site for a domain name sale, or to supply basic information, then I use one of the responsive templates that are freely available now.
I know you are right, things move so quickly, sorry, I've slowed down, however, determined to keep up, enjoying the thread

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Love this thread. I don't think I've understood a word of it. :xgrin:
I wish I had continued to ignore it but curiosity eventually got the better of me. Just curious as to what the Boys Brigade were unfurling and what code they were having to follow!:doh::whistle2:

• Love It

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back