A tale of woe, continued. (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
So, the cassette was stuck fast but the slide was open so at least the "loo wasn't locked".
Havta say it was with considerable treperdation that I unlocked the cassette locker door.
First thing I dun woz unscrew & remove the cassette handle (with the handle in situ its almost impossible to see the twiddly bits).
Then I got the Navigator to jiggle the slide arm,,, I cud'ardlee make out wot'woz'wot but I knew the orange half-moon thingee bit shud be in line fore'astern and it,,, eeerrrmm,,, wasn't.
So, with a very long screwdriver and a small-ish ? hammer (I'd advise no biggur'un 4.5lbs, heavy on old wrists ?) I started to gently tap the left side of the yellow half-moon thingee (or was it orange?).
Takes a bit of patience but Uz lot on'ear aint exactly tied down fer'time,,, are we.
Seriously now, I got that blade opener (as Thetford entitle it) to swivel into the close position,,, Mrs Biggus confirmed fru the open window of the "shower room" that the blade had Indeed closed.
I then very gently rocked the cassette tu'un'froo and "loo behold" (pun intended ?) the cassette slid gracefully from her berth.
Now it all sounds quite simple, not hugely stressful, but believe me, if it happens to you, & you're on a carpark, no public loos, no Pub within walking distance and said cassette is 75% full , and you're getting "that look" from your DearHeart (who's never been a crazy cassette fan) you WILL start to panic,,, not wild, ? running in circles wheeling ya arms around in the air type panic...
Oh no, this is much worse type panic, becoz this type panic has to be "contained" you cant allow your DearHeart to see that you're silently bricking it, (I nearly said "shitting it" there, but that's totally out of the question becoz the fecking cassette iz f**ked!!!).
Anyway,,, look,,, remember this post, becoz,,,
It just mite happen to Yew,,, and if it does, stay calm, read my post, grab a long screwdriver anna ? hammer and get hammering (lightly now ?).
If "my way" doesn't work,,, yew cud try the alternative suggestion posted on this script,,,
I think it involves a length of 4x4, timber, a 4x4 Vee-hi-cull and a search of one's cubboards and underwear drawers...
It deffo sounds much more fun than my screwdriver & hammer?! ???

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
After feeling sympathy for your situation, then laughing at your description of your attempts to rectify it, I couldn’t help wondering why you were trying to remove the cassette in the first place if “you're on a carpark, no public loos, no Pub within walking distance”.

What were you intending to do with it? o_O

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Biggspeckus

Having eased the cassette out you could have had a delayed shit - just insert the spare cassette.

What? You haven't got one? Ah I see, the cassette was striking till a mate is provided. Take a hint lad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Biggspeckus

Having eased the cassette out you could have had a delayed shit - just insert the spare cassette.

What? You haven't got one? Ah I see, the cassette was striking till a mate is provided. Take a hint lad.
And where, pray may I ask, would one store or carry a 75%plus full casette, within the motorhome.?
Or even wish to do so?
Wev'e not all got outside dustbin lockers to accomodate a small dancehall in on our motorhomes.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And where, pray may I ask, would one store or carry a 75%plus full casette, within the motorhome.?
Or even wish to do so?
Wev'e not all got outside dustbin lockers to accomodate a small dancehall in on our motorhomes.
Ahhhh.. but a lot of us HAVE got the room :)
If your van has not even got the room for a tiddly little cassette, where do you put your twin tub, two spare gas bottles, grey water hog, clean water bowser, etc etc? :roflmto:

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
If your van has not even got the room for a tiddly little cassette, where do you put your twin tub, two spare gas bottles, grey water hog, clean water bowser, etc etc? :roflmto:
In the 40 foot trailer we tow, complete with fully fitted servants quarters:LOL:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Or even wish to do so?
Time for a bigger Motorhome then. :rofl:
Fiamma do a cassette storage box that mounts under the van.

Our is in a plastic storage box on top of the twin tub washing machine.
You will be telling us next that haven't even got a washing machine in your van.:ROFLMAO:

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Time for a bigger Motorhome then. :rofl:
Fiamma do a cassette storage box that mounts under the van.

Our is in a plastic storage box on top of the twin tub washing machine.
You will be telling us next that haven't even got a washing machine in your van.:ROFLMAO:
Cant get one in Lenny due to the Jacuzzi being in the way, but if I take out the Sauna, it might just fit!

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
After feeling sympathy for your situation, then laughing at your description of your attempts to rectify it, I couldn’t help wondering why you were trying to remove the cassette in the first place if “you're on a carpark, no public loos, no Pub within walking distance”.

What were you intending to do with it? o_O
Ah, yes, does sound a bit sus.
I should've explained that round the back of the carpark (which is full of Moho's) is an Aire (which is full of Moho's). The Aire has grey/black water dump facility and fresh water.
I trundle the cassette the 250 meters in the Jacks Buggy, and haul the fresh water the same way. ??
Checkout Google E Rota Aire, you'll see the carpark back of the Aire.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Ah, yes, does sound a bit sus.
I should've explained that round the back of the carpark (which is full of Moho's) is an Aire (which is full of Moho's). The Aire has grey/black water dump facility and fresh water.
I trundle the cassette the 250 meters in the Jacks Buggy, and haul the fresh water the same way. ??
Checkout Google E Rota Aire, you'll see the carpark back of the Aire.
Phew!

Thought we were heading for a “black water” thread for a minute.

Glad you got it sorted and your solution may be useful to any of us in the future.

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
What's this cassette thingy you all on about? ................ is it similar to me bucket with a lid on?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

And dont forget your bucket with the little hole in it ?

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
What's this cassette thingy you all on about? ................ is it similar to me bucket with a lid on?

Indeed, we will just have to struggle on with a 35gal. black tank. :gum:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back