A tale of Highs, Lows and Lowers! (1 Viewer)

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
On Saturday evening myself number 2 son and son in law went up to Silverstone to meet son number 2 for Sundays Grand Prix, I know there are many of you on here that boo boo formula 1 but for us it was a once in a lifetime chance. Really enjoyed it and brilliant result, atmosphere amazing. Feeling happy after our day out we set off home, all going well until 4 miles before the m4 on the A34 funny smell, temp gauge rising pulled into a layby to steam belching out and an engine dying on me!! Found the culprit a small hose split coming off of a large hose bottom of radiator, 7.15 on phone to breakdown insurance explained prob to which the operator said just get you recovered home then. What followed was just total incompetence , a van turned up diagnosed head gasket gone organize tow truck, text to say truck with us by 10 40pm, 11pm I am in queue on phone when another VAN turns up, he phones back to find out that another company is sending a truck!! Midnight I am queuing again where is my truck?? After 2 more hours of phone calls backwards and forwards the answer was nobody was prepared to pick us up..
The best I got was an offer of taxi to take us home, leave the keys locally and they would collect the van when possible!, I don't think so, it might be old and now knackered but it is my camper!..
End result after still more incompetence was getting picked up at 07.20 Monday morning, My son and son in law both lost a days pay (6am starts) myself having to leave my wife to open our shop on her own.
Needless to say official complaints are going in and the search for a 2.5td Boxer engine starts, Sorry for the rant..Trev

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Oh Dear :( Who is/was the breakdown provider?
Agree re the GP, I was there with son & we enjoyed it :Smile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
That's awful, when I broke down three weeks ago, couldn`t fault the RAC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
I don't wish to mention names but it was through my camper insurance but they wont get my fluxin business again!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Sorry to hear of your troubles after having great time away with family.
Have you had it confirmed head gasket has gone or just over heated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Water pouring from back of engine and not starting but turning overa lot quicker than normal, first mechanic said head gasket, my garage cannot look at till next week, more waiting,lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back