Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Met (part time Funsters) Mick and Julie at the airport yesterday and taxied them to where they had left their van before Christmas.

They took me to the much talked about Portimao parking place next to the marina where the authorities have allowed the motorhomers to park but charge €1 a day. There is a very friendly Portuguese man (Joaquin) taking the money and guarding the entrance.

I was initially horrified as there is a tarmac parking area which was jammed packed with vans. Mick was staggered because when he left here just before Christams there were only 12 vans on the place. Last night there must have been fifty to sixty. :Eeek:

On further investigation it turned out there was also a huge, non tarmac area which only had two French vans in one corner. I pulled on there and Mick joined me and parked next door where we are well away from the others. How anyone can park side by side with only a few feet between each van when there is loads of space near by defeats me... especially when they start up their gennies!!! :Angry: :Angry:

We are well away from anyone, have free wi-fi and can shout at each other without disturbing anyone else :thumb:

This (late) afternoon I took Solly the Solex out for a spin to explore the area... here are a couple of pics...

I love life on the road...

JJ

Attachments

• solex 1.jpg
    solex 1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 71
  • solex 2.jpg
    solex 2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 71
  • solex 4.jpg
    solex 4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 65
  • solex 6.jpg
    solex 6.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 67

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Nice pics JJ and thanks for the tip about parking place,allways on the look out for places in Portugal.:thumb: Contrary to the posts about you coming from Zahora i was pleased to have met you.
Safe travels Trev and Sue:thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Can we have some pic's of the MH site, also in shot 3 and 4 just to the right there are some great little coves for sun, sand and BBQ's

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Mick and Julie, look forward to seeing you again soon...

awww JJ... those photos are almost romantic... should we be getting concerned about your relationship with that lovely solex?:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Nice photos JJ, great to see you looking after the old lady.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
She might be an "old lady" to you Dave but she is a young sixties chick to me... :ROFLMAO:

JJ
Only goes to prove that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
They dont have to be racey to be sexy.:ROFLMAO:

dvla

Free Member
May 18, 2010
Funster No
kevin

Met (part time Funsters) Mick and Julie at the airport yesterday and taxied them to where they had left their van before Christmas.

They took me to the much talked about Portimao parking place next to the marina where the authorities have allowed the motorhomers to park but charge €1 a day. There is a very friendly Portuguese man (Joaquin) taking the money and guarding the entrance.

I was initially horrified as there is a tarmac parking area which was jammed packed with vans. Mick was staggered because when he left here just before Christams there were only 12 vans on the place. Last night there must have been fifty to sixty. :Eeek:

On further investigation it turned out there was also a huge, non tarmac area which only had two French vans in one corner. I pulled on there and Mick joined me and parked next door where we are well away from the others. How anyone can park side by side with only a few feet between each van when there is loads of space near by defeats me... especially when they start up their gennies!!! :Angry: :Angry:

We are well away from anyone, have free wi-fi and can shout at each other without disturbing anyone else :thumb:

This (late) afternoon I took Solly the Solex out for a spin to explore the area... here are a couple of pics...

I love life on the road...

JJ
nice one jj solly is cool chers kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back