A spring pootle around France. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Off today for a pootle around France.
Only got 6 weeks so will have to get a move on. :D2
Through the tunnel today at 16:16 and will probably stop at Cite Europe then south in the morning to La Mailleraye-sur-Seine. After a day or two we will wander down to the Loire, then Sancoins and beyond.
The Memsahib wants to spend some time in the Auvergne exploring some of those lovely villages then perhaps down to the Med and maybe the Canal du Midi.
All depends on what the weather apps tell us.
Will keep an eye out for Funster stickers and we have them front, side and rear of the van so no excuse for you not to come and say hello if you see us. :D:D

Richard.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We will be following you, booked tunnel for 2nd May, first stop probably Gravelines near the lake and then who knows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Have a good and safe trip Richard. You have only just got back from your short trip to France - that’s the advantage of the Tunnel multi tickets! Might give them a try next year. Don’t know if we will get over to France this year yet as got so many things going on here. Van not been used since last September, but hoping to get away for a few days after next week. Might be a year of short trips in this country with, hopefully, a longer trip to France in late August/September.
David.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Richard , Hope you have a great trip , Enjoy you will be on your way back ,about the time we set off on 4 June , like you cite europe 1st night , then either La Mailleraye or St Nicolas de Bliquetuit , then head south inland down west coast.
we will be monitoring your stops etc , we also love Sancoins.
Terry

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Might see you there Richard
We’re heading to France in just over a week.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I’ve just arrived at my first port of call heading East to West on the Loire. We are currently on the municipal aire right next to the river in Orleans.

If we can’t do a mini meet @Clarky @Robert Clark and whoever else then I’ll be very disappointed.
Hope you find the sun!:sun:

We have, look......

5FEC9E05-6594-4510-9759-2868364253E3.jpeg

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I was planning on being there the day after tomorrow, I assumeo you mean the following Friday Robert?
Sorry Richard, didn’t mean to hi-jack your thread.

Griff

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I was planning on being there the day after tomorrow, I assumeo you mean the following Friday Robert?

Griff
Yes Griff the following Friday, but maybe we can catch up furhter down the line
We've only got two weeks, so we won't be going too far, then we're away again in mid June for a month (yipeeeeeee)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We are heading East West, but this time we are dawdling. Today for example we only drove for an hour 49 miles down from Chateaudun to Orleans.
I hope you catch us up, don’t bother to pack the rum just treat us to dinner instead. :pray:

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Might see you there Richard
We’re heading to France in just over a week.
Would be great to meet up Robert.
You are more than welcome Griff. Whenever did a Fun thread not go off track?

Richard.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Seems a few funsters trundling around France. I will be blowing the cobwebs off the van next Tuesday and will be disembarking in Dieppe for a steady couple of months wandering around the Bordeaux region, just checking a few labels out :).

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Off next tuesday as well, but we really don't have the foggiest idea where we are going to head! Just point and drive..... We have to be really careful though as the van is going in part exchange for a new one as soon as we get back. Have a great time everyone!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Popeye we landed today currently at Neuf chattel en bray. Will be heading in your direction in the morning. I'll keep an eye out for a funster badge. Is that the view from your van, looks good. What site is it?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Has anyone been to the aire beside the chateau at Sully-sur-Loire?
It looks like a nice spot so we thought we might try it in a few days time.

Richard.

Have a good trip Richard + 1 :)(y)

We did Sully sur Loire a couple of years ago, the road to the aire was closed although we didn't know that at the time, a barrier and sign took us to a large grass area beside the river where there were 40+ MH's parked up so we joined them

Only in the morning when we followed the leavers we then passed the 'official' barriered aire which looks to have a very tight entrance guarded by massive boulders

If we went back I think I would opt for the free area again (y)(y) although the aire looked to be nearly full even with so many others free loading so close

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I’ve just arrived at my first port of call heading East to West on the Loire. We are currently on the municipal aire right next to the river in Orleans.

If we can’t do a mini meet @Clarky @Robert Clark and whoever else then I’ll be very disappointed.

We have, look......

View attachment 227120

Hi Paul,
Are you at the aire at La Chapelle st Mesmin , if so we were there last sept , picked up loads of walnuts off of the petanque pitch .
Don't use up all the good weather , please leave some for use in June .

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp

Richard.
Yes, we stopped for a couple of nights last June and would have no hesitation in returning(y)

We are heading down to Bordeaux from this Friday onwards, so will be watching your travels with interest;)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Off next tuesday as well, but we really don't have the foggiest idea where we are going to head! Just point and drive..... We have to be really careful though as the van is going in part exchange for a new one as soon as we get back. Have a great time everyone!
Likewise, we are off on Friday for two weeks and due to collect our new to us MH the week we get back. Safe travels and enjoy(y)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Clarky,Sully aire very good ,bit tight entrance for long vehicles.
as you go over the bridge going south , its first left straight on past the chateau, keep on going , last time we were there they had signs to say no entry but its was OK

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks for the “funny” Robert, I was trying to be serious about the dinner. Wink
@Popeye we landed today currently at Neuf chattel en bray. Will be heading in your direction in the morning. I'll keep an eye out for a funster badge. Is that the view from your van, looks good. What site is it?

That was at Nonancourt, yesterday. Nice little town. October 18th 1910 and all that history. Come on down.

Are you at the aire at La Chapelle st Mesmin

We are tonight Terry, moving along the river an hour or two each day. Drop everything and come and join us.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only got 6 weeks so will have to get a move on. :D2
I know all about it I've been limited to 6 weeks max since the grandchild arrived.:cry:
The Memsahib wants to spend some time in the Auvergne exploring some of those lovely villages.
Love the Auvergne, loads of beautiful ridge walks in the Massif Central.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

Richard.
Was there on Saturday. There is the most awkward of entrances and I think it said no longer than 7.8 metres. We are bang on 7 metres and the wife was booted out to make sure. Currently in Spain sat next to 9 metre van and he said he had no problem getting in or out. I don't believe him but there is an overflow behind. Well well worthy of a stop. Midgies out just before sunset. Free water and dump. The place was packed but everyone has space for eating out without taking the pee

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Was there on Saturday. There is the most awkward of entrances and I think it said no longer than 7.8 metres. We are bang on 7 metres and the wife was booted out to make sure. Currently in Spain sat next to 9 metre van and he said he had no problem getting in or out. I don't believe him but there is an overflow behind. Well well worthy of a stop. Midgies out just before sunset. Free water and dump. The place was packed but everyone has space for eating out without taking the pee
We are 7.5 metres so should be OK. Will also boot the Memsahib out to keep watch.

Richard.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
You won’t have any problems with your van length. We have stayed there a couple of times. The boulders look more dangerous than they really are.
David.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

Richard.
Looking at the pics on Campercontact there is one showing a sigh “Maximum length 7.3m”

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
A pleasant Aire next to a Basin/Marina with lots of Wildlife,Cycling etc.No facilities but well worth a stop. Just south of Bordeaux.
Parking Ornithologique
Code du site: 30003
Rue du Port, 33470 Le Teich, France
Téléphone: +33556228093 | Broken Link Removed

GPS:
N 44.64004, W 1.01941
N 44°38'24", W 1°01'10"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.