A so Camping Card (1 Viewer)

Nov 15, 2017
Funster No
Hi, we’re off to France and Spain (first time) in April, has anyone found the ACSI Camping Card of any benefit in saving money on campsites. Also, we wondered if we need one of the Air Quality Certificates for France, I think certain major French towns now require one. Any pointers would be welcome.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We have the ACSI card - we've found it saves a lot of money if you travel in the off peak times of year.

The air quality cards I believe are only required in a few city centres and then only when deemed necessary during peaks in pollution - so perhaps only for a couple of hours when the weather and traffic density dictate. We would never travel into city centres so won't need one.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
The Air Quality Certificate (sticker) is only about £4, so I bought one for last year anyway, even if I didn't go into any of the zones, there are I believe more zones being introduced.

The ACSI books and card are in my opinion well worth the money..saved us a few bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
ACSI very useful for finding campsites. We wouldn't be without it but we also use aires of course.
You probably won't need the air sticker, Crit Air, unless you get lost near a major city but it only costs £3.50 so you might as well get one. There is a thread somewhere describing the procedure. :) Just remember to stick it in the right place, which is the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen when viewed from the outside.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We only ever use camp sites and find the Acsi well worth the money. You could also try camping cheques, not as good as Acsi imho. Got the air sticker, don't know if I will ever need it but for £4 who cares

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just a note on the Crit Air stickers.
You only need to pay around €4 for the sticker. There are internet sites that look very genuine that will charge you much more. Make sure you use the official site.

Richard.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And you've got about 30 minutes to edit the title. :) Look for a button called Thread Tools near the top of the screen when you edit your original post. :)

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Another vote for ACSI, if staying on sites a definite money saver.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The ACSI Camping Card is an alternative to the International Camping Card that gives you third party insurance when staying on sites and is acceptable as identification also quite often gives you a 10% discount.
The ACSI discount card is the one that gives you off season discounts on sites that are members of the scheme.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have bought a crit air sticker for the windscreen and don’t have any intention of visiting any of the cities. However one never knows in an emergency when it might be required( ie hospital etc!)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Crit'air sticker has just gone live in another few cities including Bordeaux - if you stay outside the Periphique/Rocades you are OK but stray inside and you need one for 4€ it's worth the time as a just in case - we are looking at Bordeaux as all the park and ride trams are inside the Rocade so we need it

ACSI wouldn't be without it in low season it's a big money saver and we get the club card too which is a ICC so gives us ACSI Club coverage too

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
Acsi is a must have if you're going to travel in Europe extensively.
Also Crit Air cert - a friend got diverted off the Periphique because of an accident and was stopped by the local fuzz. - They let him off because of the circumstances, but he did get a warning, so not worth the risk...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back