Free Member
Mar 5, 2015
Penrith
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all just have a lovely weekend staying at Thornbrook Barn touring site situated a 10-15 min walk along a nice quiet road to Ingleton ,a quaint village In the the northern Yorkshire dales,with gift shops cafés and a pub with lovely beer garden ,about 6miles from kirby Lonsdale ..Ingleton has a wonderful waterfall route with beautiful falls on route.. the walk is about 4 miles however you can do other smaller routes too ....there is a lovely cafe at the start of the walk also another at the end serving lovely cakes etc it's £6 to do the full walk but it's breathtaking
Opened just last year the site is really a site not to be missed if your looking for a quiet and peaceful stay ,the pitches are nice and flat but set on a gentle slope, as the weekend was rather windy, we parked in a bottom pitch which was really well sheltered .
Toilets and shower rooms were immaculate to say the least, there was a fully enclosed excercise paddock where you could exercise your doggies, they even supplied bags to clean up after them,
There is a place called Country Harvest at the Entrance of the site selling a selection of local produce bakery items , handy for suppliesgifts, and a restaurant .
There was a dog friendly pub called the Marton Arms which was about 10 mins walk away where the food was very nice... pitches were a very good size hard standing with grass as well.... standard pitches were £18 and fully serviced were £22 .
I actually booked this site by accident ringing the wrong number,and I'm quite pleased I did or I probably wouldn't have known it was there...try it out you won't be dissapointed photos to follow

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
The food at Country Harvest is great, I ate there a couple of weeks ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Thanks for this site, looks really nice, my wife has already told me to make a note of it for August/September.
Rgds
Bil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back