LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As some of you will know I have had the RMB 670 for sale on ebay whilst I was gallivanting around Europe the last few weeks. I think I was secretively hoping that because I was away from home it would not sell. I arrived home at 9 am this morning and at 10 am some inconsiderate person was crossing my palm with dirty 20s. This is the second time I have taken a deposit on the old girl as the first buyer had to pull out of the deal as they were having house sale issues. This time it was for real though at full asking price. The new owner did not even try to knock me down, not that I would have come down, as I was not motivated to sell. I will be delivering it up to Morecambe immediately after the Wrenbury bash. It will be a sad day here when it does go, but I do wish I had 10 of em ;).

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
At least you got the asking price and its hopefully going to a good home so will be on the road for many many more years to come xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The new owner rang me whilst I was in Spain to ask if I would give him first refusal as he had recently had a leg amputated and needed an automatic. How could I refuse him ?. Although there was a great deal of interest from both the UK and Europe am happy that it will stay here in the UK and am sure the new owner will have as much pleasure from it as I had. It will be a huge learning curve for him, but at least he has a native English speaker at the other end of a phone, which is more than I had.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I'm looking at mine now sat on my drive. I've become incredibly attached to Udo since buying him.

The 'bank vault' quality of these old tanks gets to me every time.

Sad day indeed for you, Dave. But surely having two is just being greedy. :LOL:

Oh, by the way, I'm immensely relieved yours went for the full asking price. It puts some kind of value on Udo.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Can you repeat that please Bellini:)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Sorry can't help you, because mine appear where I put them:Smile::wink:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I'm looking at mine now sat on my drive. I've become incredibly attached to Udo since buying him.

The 'bank vault' quality of these old tanks gets to me every time.

Sad day indeed for you, Dave. But surely having two is just being greedy. :LOL:

Oh, by the way, I'm immensely relieved yours went for the full asking price. It puts some kind of value on Udo.

As it says at the bottom of all my posts "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten". Those RMBs were made when money was not in the equation of motorhome building. They were built for people that wanted the best and were willing to pay for it. Built without compromise for those with old money as my grandparents would have said. When you consider that van is now 24 years old and still more than capable of doing long distance European tours without problems, and everything working just as it did when it left the factory 24 years ago. Having read some of the woes that owners of much newer motorhomes have I know that those things were built to last more than one lifetime. The build quality would be impossible to replicate in todays market, so they can only go up in value. How many of todays motorhomes can you say will still be worth what you paid several years ago, and to the right buyer, worth more.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
How do you get smilies to appear at the end of a sentence?

Take it you are using a tablet as I was having the same prob - put your cursor where you want the smiley then scroll up so you can see the smiley button BUT don't 'down' the keyboard on your device.

Thanks to someone on here - sorry can't remember who it was enlightened me.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ooooh no, am not dead yet. I do have another RMB which was the reason for selling the 670.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well thanks a lot mate...

You couldn't wait could you?

You sold "my van" to another...

I told you I was looking for the 25 grand cash I had hidden somewhere but you couldn't give an old pensioner with a faulty memory enough searching time. :(

Bugger...

JJ :cool:

PS. Congratulations. At least you should have enough now for a deposit on a ride on mower...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well thanks a lot mate...

You couldn't wait could you?

You sold "my van" to another...

I told you I was looking for the 25 grand cash I had hidden somewhere but you couldn't give an old pensioner with a faulty memory enough searching time. :(

Bugger...

PS. Congratulations. At least you should have enough now for a deposit on a ride on mower...

So sorry JJ but you know how it is with me and dirty 20s. Anyway I now have a huge problem. I stupidly did not measure the height of the Smarty and the damned thing is 10 cm to tall to go in the RMB trailer. Good excuse to get my hands on something a little sportier, like an Audi TT ragtop.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Have you another MH Snowbird ? or you giving up on the camping altogether :(

I would find it very hard to call the luxury globetrotting Snowbird and his child bride do in their top of the range, hand built, Mercedes based RMB with every conceivable extra known to man on board "camping"!

The closest young Dave has ever been to camping was when he went and saw the Danny La Rue Show.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
OMG!

Snowbird is going through the male menopause... again.

Brummm brummm brummm.

What about one of these?

Broken Link Removed

I would love another Heinkel, but am not prepared to pay the 10 grand plus for what they now fetch. The last one I owned was sold for 25 quid if I remember right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back