A residents view (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
FA7B8CD0-B72B-4E32-9177-6861ADF1B9E0.jpeg A letter in today’s Portugal news.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A TYPICAL, snobby expat (probably Brit).

I wouldn't read that rag nor would I use it for any other kind of "paper work" at all.

I bet the letter writer can't speak a word of Portuguese nor gets involved in any of the local cultural activities.

(Mind you... I don't like that Alvor site either!)

JJ :cool:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It certainly ain’t what you might call pretty.

We've stayed there too and agree it could be made to be a little tidier - we like Alvor. Strange though that the correspondent doesn't make mention of the free parking just outside the site, often taken up by what appear to be long-term vans. Perhaps it's because they're screened by the trees?

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I walked by this site when visiting Alvor in October/November and remember thinking what a scruffy place it was. Don’t particularly like Alvor anyway,apart from the boardwalk which is OK if you don’t mind being with crowds.
Good job we aren’t all the same innit!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To be fair to the letter writer, I agree with him if that's what it's like ... the local council needs to get it sorted so that it is a pleasant place for both 'bricks and mortar' residents and those who are temporary ones in MH etc, otherwise the whole area will suffer (which it sounds like it is).

OP
OP
Crazylegs
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
It’s not pretty but having come to the Algarve for the first time only now do I appreciate how many Moho’s there are in this area. Today we went to Silves and three commercial aires each having spaces for 40 plus moho’s were full !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back