A rather large damp repair project (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Annie,

If you phone Almondsbury garden centre you can order and they will deliver. :giggle:

John
Hi John

My neighbour tried them last week on behalf of both of us, I think she found the telephone not being answered so we assumed closed. She tried quite a lot of times.
She did get some from somewhere else and I got a bag from her but it’s terrible, all woodchip and bits of plastic.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Glad to see your repair is going so well, wish I had hunted around for the contact adhesive you found, would have saved me doing the roof insulation twice. Very impressed with your flash pit props, mine were just wood with a tapered wedge underneath.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Wow.gif
olsgreen. You're a braver man than I am. What a fabulous job you are doing. By the time you have finished, your confidence will have soared and you will know your MH inside out. Well done!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well done for tackling this job, it's a big one for sure, I am struggling to understand Hobby's front moulding to side panel joint or more to the point the total lack of a joint and just hide the gap with a bit of trim, or possibly they are all built like this.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olsgreen
Dec 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well done for tackling this job, it's a big one for sure, I am struggling to understand Hobby's front moulding to side panel joint or more to the point the total lack of a joint and just hide the gap with a bit of trim, or possibly they are all built like this.

Martin

There's a lot I'm trying to understand about Hobby's design/build decisions! Well thought out, hastily put together.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There's a lot I'm trying to understand about Hobby's design/build decisions! Well thought out, hastily put together.
Well for sure when all this is finished you will know your van inside out (y)

Martin

markq

Free Member
Apr 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Sirio
Exp
8 years
I’m set to pull my new (and also sneakily damp) roller team sirio to pieces after the Easter break and embark on a similar challenge to yourself. I spent a lot of time looking for rust underneath and not enough time looking at the hab! Lesson learned!!! We had a dethleffs last and it was bombproof so I was looking in the wrong places. I may well start a new thread and post how we get on and definitely ask for advice.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I’m set to pull my new (and also sneakily damp) roller team sirio to pieces after the Easter break and embark on a similar challenge to yourself. I spent a lot of time looking for rust underneath and not enough time looking at the hab! Lesson learned!!! We had a dethleffs last and it was bombproof so I was looking in the wrong places. I may well start a new thread and post how we get on and definitely ask for advice.
:hiya:
and good luck. If you search there are a few very useful threads on the subject as you can guess that you are not the first. I’ll try and find a couple for you.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Try these for starters

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Cracking job mate. Watching with interest. Keep up the good work

markq

Free Member
Apr 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Sirio
Exp
8 years
I’m so hearted by the instant help and kindness from folk on here. Our last motorhome was part of the family and my kids pretty much grew up in it from babies, seeing all sorts of places in Europe and the UK and loving exploring the world. I’ve come to terms with the fact I’ve been a donkey and now rushed and bought a dud, but we want to carry on those adventures and get this van sorted. So time to step into the scary and the unknown!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back