A Question re Storing Motorhome (1 Viewer)

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi

I was wondering for people who store their motorhome on a secure site what they do with the pee pee cassette (for want of a better term!) when they return from a trip.

I know the ideal situation would be to empty off before you return but with 3 kids this may not be possible to keep empty and we do like to wild it too, any suggestions would be great.

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Take it home and clean for the next trip .. that's what we used to do ..

Thats exactly what I said to hubby last night and he looked at me like I was going mad :ROFLMAO:!!!!

Did you have some kind of container for it such as a plastic box with a lid?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thats exactly what I said to hubby last night and he looked at me like I was going mad :ROFLMAO:!!!!

Did you have some kind of container for it such as a plastic box with a lid?

nah.. just put it in the boot of the car .. it won't leak ( says he :roflmto:)

or use a large bin liner if he is a bit fussy ..

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Normally try and empty before leaving a site if it has the facilty and if not either empty at home or the storage facility (it has a DP).

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Empty it before we take it back to storage either at home or on which ever site we are leaving.

Dale

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Brodie
We park at home and normally empty before we leave the camp, i know what you mean with the youngsters, last time out we did bring the cassette home partly filled so just emptied in the downstairs loo and swilled out with the outside tap, But then again we have no problems with storage as the vans on the drive, If not too far away could you not take yours back when empty. Pete :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
With an RV we always take it home

With RV's we always take it home...that is why we have Macicators and long hoses to discharge the grey and back tanks down our sewage manhole... much nicer than standing around a drain / sink unit / dump point on a site ... :Blush: 30 gallons in less than 7 minutes... Fast!!!!

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi Brodie
We park at home and normally empty before we leave the camp, i know what you mean with the youngsters, last time out we did bring the cassette home partly filled so just emptied in the downstairs loo and swilled out with the outside tap, But then again we have no problems with storage as the vans on the drive, If not too far away could you not take yours back when empty. Pete :thumb:

Our current van is on the drive but it is looking like we may have both for a short time so the new one will have to go in storage.

The thing is I know this may sound comical but i'm not sure I want the neighbours knowing we have a brand new motorhome - if you know what I mean. So it may be a case of bring the thingy home with us or getting the kids to cross their legs :ROFLMAO: :roflmto:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Brodie

We have had a new van for four years and it's never been home, again don't want the neighbours to know.

We are in storage and it has a dump point so no probs

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Glad it's not just us, it sounds a bit freaky when you say it out loud!!

Hopefully we will find a storage place with the one but worst case senario....back of the car it will be. :Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Never mind the ****pot contents, watch out for your cat converters now, best deterrent for a singe van owner I think is get some Smartwater from www.smartwater.com
and put a label on the van, you can also use it for personal items like TV's Laptops, phones, cameras, familly jewels etc

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Never mind the ****pot contents, watch out for your cat converters now, best deterrent for a singe van owner I think is get some Smartwater from www.smartwater.com
and put a label on the van, you can also use it for personal items like TV's Laptops, phones, cameras, familly jewels etc

Peter
or leave the cassette where it is and take the cat convertor home.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
With RV's we always take it home...that is why we have Macicators and long hoses to discharge the grey and back tanks down our sewage manhole... much nicer than standing around a drain / sink unit / dump point on a site ... :Blush: 30 gallons in less than 7 minutes... Fast!!!!

curry for tea, was it

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
With RV's we always take it home...that is why we have Macicators and long hoses to discharge the grey and back tanks down our sewage manhole... much nicer than standing around a drain / sink unit / dump point on a site ...

well Bob , you must have a manservant to coil up the discharge hose and pack it away.. it's anything but quick or free from smell.. and when the macerator blocks up and you have to dismantle it still full of shit and tangled hair you may change your opinion .. and don't say it won't happen, it wiil ( unless you and Mrs slobadoberbob are both bald..) it's only a matter of time.. believe me , I've got the T shirt... several of them. :RollEyes:

Also, on several occasions, using the 3" dump hose, pulled the discharge valve and the dump point promptly overflowed and left me standing ankle deep on sewage .. much to the amusement of queuing French motohomers .. struggling not to laugh :Blush:

oh yes, the joys of dumping.. it's never a pleasant job whatever method you use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back