A Question Has Been Raised (jim) (2 Viewers)

Funster Name or Christian Name on badges

• Funster Name

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Christian Namr

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Both Funster & Christian names

Votes: 119 90.2%

• Total voters
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well, because we've never been to a proper "show" only MHF rallies we've only got regular funster badges , kindly given to us by Val and Sheila years ago.
We would like one with our forum name on as it's also our names.
So there would be no confusion with ours.
I do think it's funny how the most gobby opinionated people On the forum. Often turn out to be very quiet and quite likeable in real life....
So although having a badge with the forum name on would help you to know who your talking to straight away, it may also put you off going over to chat too. Depending how they come across on the forum.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Ralph-n-Bev yep it gives you the choice, it also gives the quieter/shyer members a better chance because they are more likely to speak to someone they have been talking to on the Forum than going up to someone they haven a clue who it is.
Like you my name badge makes no difference. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
As my memory for names has never been good a tatoo on the forehead would be better as it stop me starring a women's breasts trying to read their badge name, then being taken as a pervert, at least with the forehead it would look like I was looking them in the eye. doesn't stop me being an ogler though. having my name on a badge stops me from being identified as a forum stirrer. At peterborough nobody knew who I was apart from Sian, when I asked about my badge, which wasn't found until I was almost ready to leave, PHEWW close there then.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I will answer to almost anything.... :cool: :giggler:

DSC00507 (600 x 450).jpg

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
One thing you need to be aware of is that when a badge has too much on it there is an issue with people that need glasses to read. It is somewhat embarrassing when speaking to a lady who has a badge on her chest and you have to put your glasses on to read it - she may well assume you have put them on to look better at other assets :rofl::rofl::rofl: Well that's my excuse anyway :laughing:

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Without the wall of anonymity to hide behind some of those most furciferous and contentious of contributors to the forum may never declare their true identity should it have to be revealed on a name tag!:lipssealed:
That is of course if they ever attend a meet.
Then again perhaps there are some who have a duel identity, now that's food for thought!!!
Spud

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
i wish everyone was called 'you' or 'sweetheart' as in 'hello you' accompanied by a smile and a friendly hug..
i'm rubbish at remembering names, takes me ages and quite a few meetings, but good at remembering faces instantly.. :)

also, am assuming that name badges (and the big square ones for placing inside the moho windscreens) are only given out to those who attend the big motorhome show rally/meets?
and if that is the case, could they not be sent out to the marshalls of the smaller fun meets so that those who don't go to/won't go to/or can't get to the bigger ones can have them too?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
what badges ? were do i get one from ?
regards landyman (paul)

Some of the bigger meet`s/rally`s.... if you ask the person organising it they will ask Sian (Jim`s better half) to make one for you.. Same as the Funster window name Plaque.. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You'll always see a lot of badges without user names, just Christian or nick names; because for every badge we make with a user name on it there are often one, two or many more people in the same van. Very often these people never use the internet/forum and sometimes don't even know their partners user name. These people are much more likely to wear a badge if it has their regular name on it rather than their partners silly username and theirs. :)

When you fill the form we ask what name you want on the badge, you can choose anything you like. I don't really want to dictate to people what they must have on it, rather I'd like to continue letting people choose the name they want and choose if they wear it at all. :)

Last edited:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Perhaps us females should have 2 badges - one with correct name and one with forum name. At least the guys would have 2 'boobs' to stare at rather than just the one!!!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Some of the bigger meet`s/rally`s.... if you ask the person organising it they will ask Sian (Jim`s better half) to make one for you.. Same as the Funster window name Plaque.. (y)

Got that wrong didn`t I............ :doh::RollEyes:::bigsmile:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
There is a window badge template in the Resources section Broken Link Removed. You can download and print it and add your name.

thank you, that's really helpful..(y)

a friend on another forum printed some for that particular forum, but they very quickly faded in just a few outings in the sun, how do you prevent that happening? must be the type of ink i suppose..

and sadly i don't have a printer any more..:cry: so the name is on the bonnet of the van instead, :) sans the big yellow smilie though..:(

Last edited:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
Perhaps us females should have 2 badges - one with correct name and one with forum name. At least the guys would have 2 'boobs' to stare at rather than just the one!!!

whenever i've had to wear a badge, there has always been the comment, 'and what's the other one called', am sure all us ladies have had the same at one time or another..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

a friend on another forum printed some for that particular forum, but they very quickly faded in just a few outings in the sun, how do you prevent that happening? must be the type of ink i suppose..

and sadly i don't have a printer any more..:cry: so the name is on the bonnet of the van instead, sans the big yellow smilie.. :)
They do fade if printed using an ordinary inkjet printer but, when laminated, last at least a year if they are only displayed at (and on the way to and from) Fun meets.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There is a window badge template in the Resources section Broken Link Removed. You can download and print it and add your name.

yeah.. I have it but it looked daft on my shirt :LOL:

I'm happy just with my user name.. (y)

Jim is far too common :LOL:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

and sadly i don't have a printer any more..:cry: so the name is on the bonnet of the van instead, :) sans the big yellow smilie though..:(

Any water based ink, so all inkjet printers, isn't UV curable so will fade in the sun quite quickly even if laminated.

If you know anyone with either a solvent based ink or even better dye sub printer they will last a lot lot longer. Litho would be the best but nobody is going to run a litho printer to make one sign.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It is somewhat embarrassing when speaking to a lady who has a badge on her chest and you have to put your glasses on to read it - she may well assume you have put them on to look better at other assets :rofl::rofl::rofl: Well that's my excuse anyway :laughing:
Is it not more normal to pin it on an article of clothing rather than her chest? But whatever she wishes, gives you a better view of her t**s I suppose.:LOL:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Up to now 120 for Funster Names with 3 Votes for Christian names, probably when requesting badges worth putting our Funster names down, as some one said there ate that many Paul's Johns Peters etc they don't have the same impact as your Funster Handle.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes I think it could be as simple as that. (y) Maybe if the choice was put down people could click on to it , think people just put their name down and then realise after their Funster name is not there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back