A query re Pet Passports post Brexit (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
One of our rescue dogs has a Greek passport. If the UK leaves at the end of the year without a specific agreement regarding pet travel, would his Greek passport be valid for entry into France? AFAIK DEFRA has already said that UK entry requirements wont change. Our other dogs passport will be full after our next trip in April, and I was thinking of asking the vet at La Mailleraye if they could renew it.

Any thoughts?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
One of our rescue dogs has a Greek passport. If the UK leaves at the end of the year without a specific agreement regarding pet travel, would his Greek passport be valid for entry into France? AFAIK DEFRA has already said that UK entry requirements wont change. Our other dogs passport will be full after our next trip in April, and I was thinking of asking the vet at La Mailleraye if they could renew it.

Any thoughts?
I suspect the dog will just need a fit to travel certificate issued a week or so before leaving the UK, assuming we are classed as a third country at the time. For your "UK" dogs it will be the same but they will also need to have had the blood test done.
To be 100% sure you might want to consider getting blood tests for all of them!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I suspect the dog will just need a fit to travel certificate issued a week or so before leaving the UK, assuming we are classed as a third country at the time.
DEfra have given me, by email, a statement that a dog, mine, holding an EU state pet passport has no requirement to have the "fit to travel certificate " .It is only for UK dogs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
DEfra have given me, by email, a statement that a dog, mine, holding an EU state pet passport has no requirement to have the "fit to travel certificate " .It is only for UK dogs.

I can't see anywhere where the length of time a dog with a particular countries passport has been in another country matters. Do you know if there is a particular requirement that must be followed if a dog with, say, a Spanish passport enters Spain from say Morocco having been out of Spain for 6 months.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure anyone will know they dont scan passports only compare microchip to the scan of the dog and dont record that anywhere other than your boarding pass. and that is into the UK.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
What I'm trying to work out is if both my dogs have EU passports, will that simplify entry to the EU if the UK becomes a 'Third Country' Defra have already said existing UK entry requirements, ie worming tablets, won't change.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the only difference appears to be that UK Dog passport holders may require fitness to travel certs from a vet. whereas EU Dogs wont..... i think!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Do you know if there is a particular requirement that must be followed if a dog with, say, a Spanish passport enters Spain from say Morocco having been out of Spain for 6 months.
Only in that they would have to have had the titre test & passed before leavinf spain so as to be able to return. same as my spanish dog with spanish passport has had done in case UK leaves with no deal & UK is a 3rd country , same as Morocco

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back