Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I finally have photographic proof:

B087D51D-B138-43D7-8EAB-2CCCD9BB0980.jpeg

The tide DOES come in at Weston super Mare, and the sea IS blue!

Also lovely cattle on Brean Down.
AF3FD8D8-15B8-4F45-94F0-646F98B23672.jpeg

Only 30 minutes from us, so we’re here in the van. We did Uphill on Thursday, Sand Point yesterday, and Brean Down today - a lovely long weekend.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
What is the best view in Yorkshire?
Looking one way.View attachment 547039
Looking 'tother way
View attachment 547043

Pock Stones Moor, nr. Pateley Bridge.
I will resist the temptation to say the best view of Yorkshire is from the rear view mirror!😉
The best view in your photos is Picture #1, but only because there are trees in the distance.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I will resist the temptation to say the best view of Yorkshire is from the rear view mirror!😉
The best view in your photos is Picture #1, but only because there are trees in the distance.
I reckon I was stood in over 20 sq. mls. of emptiness, no roads, no traffic, no noisy folk. Just me , map, bike and t'whippet.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
House prices are sky high here in NZ and it's very hard for first-time buyers to get a foot on the property ladder. I have recommended this do-er upper to a young couple I know. They're both DIY-ers and I think they could knock it into shape pretty quickly.... if the wind doesn't knock it down first.
Doer-upper Brightwater Oct 2021.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
House prices are sky high here in NZ and it's very hard for first-time buyers to get a foot on the property ladder. I have recommended this do-er upper to a young couple I know. They're both DIY-ers and I think they could knock it into shape pretty quickly.... if the wind doesn't knock it down first.
View attachment 547553
That is a lovely looking house in a stunning setting. Would love that.

I notice it has a tin roof, and assume that would be changed when property gets done up. What materials would the roof be redone in? Assume not tin again.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
That is a lovely looking house in a stunning setting. Would love that.

I notice it has a tin roof, and assume that would be changed when property gets done up. What materials would the roof be redone in? Assume not tin again.
I agree, it is a lovely looking house but sadly it has been derelict for about 40 years and the only occupants are sheep. In my opinion, it should have been given Listed status years ago as it is a fine example of an early settler's homestead, probably 1880s. There are dozens of examples of similar derelict homes in my region at the top of the South Island, including old tobacco drying kilns made from asbestos and they're still in use as sheds or barns.
You may be interested to know that nearly all houses in NZ have coloured steel roofs. The trendy colour for new builds is black but the older suburbs have very colourful roofs. Looking out of my window I can see roofs of cream, green, terracotta and even powder blue (which is not as garish as you might imagine). We don't have slate. You can imagine how noisy it is in a heavy rain storm.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I agree, it is a lovely looking house but sadly it has been derelict for about 40 years and the only occupants are sheep. In my opinion, it should have been given Listed status years ago as it is a fine example of an early settler's homestead, probably 1880s. There are dozens of examples of similar derelict homes in my region at the top of the South Island, including old tobacco drying kilns made from asbestos and they're still in use as sheds or barns.
You may be interested to know that nearly all houses in NZ have coloured steel roofs. The trendy colour for new builds is black but the older suburbs have very colourful roofs. Looking out of my window I can see roofs of cream, green, terracotta and even powder blue (which is not as garish as you might imagine). We don't have slate. You can imagine how noisy it is in a heavy rain storm.
Wow. Very surprised they still use metal roofs. Thanks for the information.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
please send pics of the roof tops sounds like the seaside cottages here that are painted in pastels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back