A photo of the day thread (3 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
A sunny view of st Austell bay and Duporth beach.
CE22085B-FD2C-4FC8-9BB7-0E8AAD0261B9.jpeg
01F56704-46CD-4F78-8B1D-D9B75426F656.jpeg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Beautiful walk today (after I got two welly boots full of water yesterday.....) :rolleyes:

The view in the distance is Kelston Round Top - when the mud has dried and it isn’t like climbing the slippery slope of the Eiger, we’ll take a photo from the top! :rofl:
F7D1A796-8AAF-44EA-8A1D-EA5431064536.jpeg

Oh, and one for DBK now. We’ve only walked past this tree almost daily for the last 10 years, but today we’ve decided to find out if its related to the Cork family - over to you.....

8331286E-7D62-435E-907B-DDB4DF960BAA.jpeg

2D208AD6-F07A-4D28-88F0-E844B57A59AA.jpeg

I have a new phone - hence the photos. With my old phone the battery would run out between pressing the button and the photo appearing!

Doesn’t that blue sky look just gorgeous? :love:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Beautiful walk today (after I got two welly boots full of water yesterday.....) :rolleyes:

The view in the distance is Kelston Round Top - when the mud has dried and it isn’t like climbing the slippery slope of the Eiger, we’ll take a photo from the top! :rofl:
View attachment 459404

Oh, and one for DBK now. We’ve only walked past this tree almost daily for the last 10 years, but today we’ve decided to find out if its related to the Cork family - over to you.....

View attachment 459405
View attachment 459406

I have a new phone - hence the photos. With my old phone the battery would run out between pressing the button and the photo appearing!

The first image reminds me of the 'Welcome to Cornwall' trees.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979

View attachment 459404

View attachment 459405
View attachment 459406

More like a eucalyptus tree

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The first image reminds me of the 'Welcome to Cornwall' trees.
I thought the Welcome to Cornwall trees were the wind turbines! ;)
More like a eucalyptus tree
Looking at Google, you might be right Terry! (y) I have to say it doesn’t smell like eucalyptus though!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

View attachment 459404

View attachment 459405
View attachment 459406

As the others have said, it's a Eucalyptus. They are very odd because if you cut them down to ground level with a chainsaw they can regrow from the stump.

Here's what I saw on today's lockdown walk from home. :)

PXL_20210123_154040557.jpg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
As the others have said, it's a Eucalyptus. They are very odd because if you cut them down to ground level with a chainsaw they can regrow from the stump.

Here's what I saw on today's lockdown walk from home. :)

View attachment 459511
Beautiful, just beautiful. A friend collects rare species of snowdrops. She has some called ‘three ships’ (?) that were blooming in her garden over Christmas (I suppose the clue’s in the name! :rofl:

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998

View attachment 459404

View attachment 459405
View attachment 459406

A Eucalyptus tree, or Gum Tree, as we and the Aussies call ‘em. Favourite food of the Koala.
In my twenties I bought a Silver Dollar Eucalyptus from a garden centre in Bedfordshire because I liked the leaves. Naively, I planted it in my handkerchief-sized garden. My neighbour pointed out that it was going to grow as tall as Blackpool Tower, have roots that would lift my drain pipes and stink like cat pee. She asked me to remove it, so I did.
Now I live in NZ and my neighbour has a huge gum tree which is near my bedroom window. Yes, it casts a shadow, drops branches onto my motorhome, smells like cat pee (at certain times of the year), is probably causing my driveway concrete to crack and is home to possums, herons and other birds - but I won’t be asking my neighbour to remove it. It’s been here longer than our houses and I’ve become a tree-hugger in my old age.
Some of the very old and large gum trees here have Heritage Listing status which I find amusing as they are generally grown for firewood.

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Beautiful, just beautiful. A friend collects rare species of snowdrops. She has some called ‘three ships’ (?) that were blooming in her garden over Christmas (I suppose the clue’s in the name! :rofl:
Ger this is on BBC sounds (I listen to podcasts to get me off to sleep! But some I fight to stay awake :laughing:)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ger this is on BBC sounds (I listen to podcasts to get me off to sleep! But some I fight to stay awake :laughing:)

Debs thanks so much. I’ve emailed it to Debs (my friend).

I’m sure she’ll love it. I’m at mum’s for the evening, but I’ll listen to it on the way home! xx

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
For anyone interested in snowdrops, a visit to Anglesea Abbey (Nat Trust) near Camebridge is worth a visit as they have almost 300 different varieties.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
20140713_174020.jpg

This was our place in Busot near Alicante Spain. Had it built about 10 years on a plot we bought in a cul=de=sac of 6.
We sold about 18 months ago having been robbed big time twice in one year. The bike, a BMW R9T was less than a year old and got robbed on the 2nd burglary.
5 bed 4 baths, games room blah blah. Never shed a tear when it went. The villa was probably used about 6/8 weeks of most years. Some years maybe 10/12 weeks.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
View attachment 459625
This was our place in Busot near Alicante Spain. Had it built about 10 years on a plot we bought in a cul=de=sac of 6.
We sold about 18 months ago having been robbed big time twice in one year. The bike, a BMW R9T was less than a year old and got robbed on the 2nd burglary.
5 bed 4 baths, games room blah blah. Never shed a tear when it went. The villa was probably used about 6/8 weeks of most years. Some years maybe 10/12 weeks.
Would you have been allowed to live there permanently? Would have broken my heart to sell that. :(

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Would you have been allowed to live there permanently? Would have broken my heart to sell that. :(
Not sure as we never intended to be permanent. Was just a holiday place. Pool was heated and on 2 elevations we had lime and lemon trees with 2 large bottle brush bushes. many happy BBQs there. Matching garage big enough for a large car and 3 motor bikes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back